Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ebcidic to ASCII (Packed decimals are there) Post 302858727 by RichardET on Tuesday 1st of October 2013 08:36:45 AM
Old 10-01-2013
I would use SAS!!!!!! Who comes up with these types of problems??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Packed Decimal

How do we create a text file with COBOL "Packed Decimal" value in UNIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaddeg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ebcidic file coversion to ascii

I want to convert an ebcidic( variable length) file to ascii. Is it possible to do it using a unix scripting.if so, how (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rintingtong
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

EBCIDIC to ASCII

can anyone get a script for converting EBCIDIC data to Unix ina file.. in shell... thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bourne
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

EBCDIC to ASCII conv for packed decimals.

By using dd command in Unix one can convert EBCDIC file into ASCII. It fails when it comes to having packed decimals within the EBCDIC file. The resultant of it has garbage chars. How can we have EBCDIC file convertedinto ASCII, which has packed decimal data in it? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion of EBCIDIC to ASCII format

Hi all, I need help on above said subject. I have a flat file which is in EBCDIC format,i want to convert into ASCII fromat using 'MFSORT'. file contains COMP-3 value in some positions. Can you please provide the SCRIPT SYNTAX.(assume that file is of 80 byte length and it is having COMP-3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayakumarg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Regular decimals to Packed decimals

Hi, I am trying to find if there is a way to convert regular decimal values to Paced decimal values. I tried to find a c program but I could get a Packed converted to regular decimal not the other way round. If not unix please let me know if any other progrimming language I can use to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing Ebcidic files

I am having trouble viewing these files from my unix session. vi comes back with line too long. Also an m_dump with the relevant dml comes back with problems. How can I view this as a text file? Also is there an easy way to view specific records within. Eg I have a policy id (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trek88
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert data from ASCII to Packed Decimal

Hi All, Please let me know if it is possible to convert data from ASCII to Packed Decimal through Unix? Basically we have ASCII file with numeric data we want to convert that files data to Packed decimal format to send it to main frame. Please let me know if we can do it through unix script.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloktiwary
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

applying unix command in EBCIDIC file

Hi, I'm having a general query. If we do cat <file name> on a Ebcidic format file then many unknown characters are displayed in my screen. Can we change the character set related to EBCIDIC in session level and apply the cat command on a EBCIDIC file? By doing so can we able to see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
VARIANT_ROUND(3)							 1							  VARIANT_ROUND(3)

variant_round - Rounds a variant to the specified number of decimal places

SYNOPSIS
mixed variant_round (mixed $variant, int $decimals) DESCRIPTION
Returns the value of $variant rounded to $decimals decimal places. PARAMETERS
o $variant - The variant. o $decimals - Number of decimal places. Note As with all the variant arithmetic functions, the parameters for this function can be either a PHP native type (integer, string, floating point, boolean or NULL), or an instance of a COM, VARIANT or DOTNET class. PHP native types will be converted to variants using the same rules as found in the constructor for the "VARIANT" class. COM and DOTNET objects will have the value of their default property taken and used as the variant value. The variant arithmetic functions are wrappers around the similarly named functions in the COM library; for more information on these functions, consult the MSDN library. The PHP functions are named slightly differently; for example variant_add(3) in PHP cor- responds to VarAdd() in the MSDN documentation. RETURN VALUES
Returns the rounded value. SEE ALSO
round(3). PHP Documentation Group VARIANT_ROUND(3)