Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No eol in swap file
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) No eol in swap file Post 302858395 by gale on Monday 30th of September 2013 08:09:05 AM
Old 09-30-2013
Thank you!! That worked and all is back like it should be.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap file

I just started working with AIX and need a little help. Is there a command to find the size of the swap file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paule
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding EOL char is there or not in a big size file

Hi, I am using ksh. I have to find wether data file has EOL or not. as per my knowledge we can easily find by checking each character. But this is a tedious job as per my requirement because my data file size is very big . It may be in 25-30 MB. So please advice me how i can check wether... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HariRaju
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know whether that file has eol or noeol before opening that file in VI editor

Hi, I want to check whether file has EOL or NOEOL before opening this file in VI editor. My file is very big its in terms of 15-20 MB. I am using ksh for this. When we opened the file in vi editor, normally at last line we are able to see whether this is eol or noeol file. But i does want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HariRaju
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Swap config - Mirror swap or not?

Hello and thanks in advance. I have a Sun box with raid 1 on the O/S disks using solaris svm. I want to unmirror my swap partition, and add the slice on the second disk as an additional swap device. This would give me twice as much swap space. I have been warned not to do this by some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup value in file and Append new value at EOL

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting but have successfully created some of my own scripts using awk and sed. However, I have come across a problem that I cannot solve on my own and have not been able to find a good example that relates to what I am trying to do. What I need is for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kixazz2529
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Swap device file and swap sapce

Hi I have an integrity machine rx7620 and rx8640 running hp-ux 11.31. I'm planning to fine tune the system: - I would like to know when does the memory swap space spill over to the device swap space? - And how much % of memory swap utilization should be specified (swap space device... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
6 Replies

7. Linux

How to insert EOL?

How can I insert End of line (EOL) in Unix to file. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to remove ^M from the EOL?

The only way I know of is manually as follows: To remove for example ^M from a file: - vi the file name that has ^M at the end of each line. - Hit <Esc> - Type :g/ - Hold the CNTRL key and press V and M then release the CNTRL key At the buttom you should see this by now: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies
eol(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    eol(3)

NAME
PerlIO::eol - PerlIO layer for normalizing line endings VERSION
This document describes version 0.14 of PerlIO::eol, released December 18, 2006. SYNOPSIS
binmode STDIN, ":raw:eol(LF)"; binmode STDOUT, ":raw:eol(CRLF)"; open FH, "+<:raw:eol(LF-Native)", "file"; binmode STDOUT, ":raw:eol(CRLF?)"; # warns on mixed newlines binmode STDOUT, ":raw:eol(CRLF!)"; # dies on mixed newlines use PerlIO::eol qw( eol_is_mixed ); my $pos = eol_is_mixed( "mixed string " ); DESCRIPTION
This layer normalizes any of "CR", "LF", "CRLF" and "Native" into the designated line ending. It works for both input and output handles. If you specify two different line endings joined by a "-", it will use the first one for reading and the second one for writing. For example, the "LF-CRLF" encoding means that all input should be normalized to "LF", and all output should be normalized to "CRLF". By default, data with mixed newlines are normalized silently. Append a "!" to the line ending will raise a fatal exception when mixed newlines are spotted. Append a "?" will raise a warning instead. It is advised to pop any potential ":crlf" or encoding layers before this layer; this is usually done using a ":raw" prefix. This module also optionally exports a "eol_is_mixed" function; it takes a string and returns the position of the first inconsistent line ending found in that string, or 0 if the line endings are consistent. The "CR", "LF", "CRLF" and "NATIVE" constants are also exported at request. AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org>. Janitorial help by Gaal Yahas <gaal@forum2.org>. Inspired by PerlIO::nline by Ben Morrow, <PerlIO-eol@morrow.me.uk>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2006 by Audrey Tang <audreyt@audreyt.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2006-12-15 eol(3)