Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to send specific logs to remote rsyslog? Post 302857813 by timmywong on Friday 27th of September 2013 10:48:48 AM
Old 09-27-2013
How to send specific logs to remote rsyslog?

Assuming i have /usr/local/psa/var/log/mail.log on client server.

What are the configuration on rsyslog (server) and rsyslog (client)?

on rsyslog (server) i would also want it to be put on a separate log file for example: /var/log/client-server-hostname01/mail.log , /var/log/client-server-hostname02/mail.log.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send mail when user logs in.

Hi All, I have a specific requirement hope you guys can help me resolve this problem. I want to send an email when a specific user logs in.. Eg: My User ID on the Unix box is VENKYA when I log into the System can we send a mail that I logged in. I am on a Sun Solaris Server. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkyA
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete logs or take backups under specific user

I have to write a shell script like this-- 1) Utility will be run under the directory owner. 2) This utility will clean files in ABC/logs. And following logs will be backed up or deleted. Dispatcher Logs Middle tier Logs Sage log Sage monitor log Sage db clean up result log Core files ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying specific files from remote m/c to specific folders

Hi All, I am trying to rsync some of the latest files from remote m/c to my local linux box. Folder structure in my remote m/c looks like this /pub/Nightly/Package/ROLL/WIN /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/sol /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/linux Each of the folder contains gzip files which on daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhoomsharabi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing log files, displaying logs between specific dates

Sorry, couldn't really think of a simple subject/title. So, I have a log file, and the dates are displayed like so: 2009-03-05 02:49:44 So the first and second field are the date/time. I can change them into a unix timestamp easily with: date -d "2009-03-05 02:49:44" +%s However,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Data Between a specific Date Range from logs

I need to extract data from logs for a mentioned date range..Its quite urgent can anyone help me out with it..its to be written in unix..just thought its better to specify.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to send AIX logs to windows

good day all how to send aix syslogs to a shared folder in windows regards , (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to get specific section of lines in logs

i have a log file that has the date and time that looks like this: Wed Jun 28 15:46:21 2012 test failed tailed passed passed not error panic what we want to focus on is the first 5 columns because they contain the date and time. the date and time can be anywhere on the line. in this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

8. Linux

How to push Tomcat logs to remote syslog server?

I found a script for automatically push tomcat logs to syslog server which is locate in same server. How do I change it to push logs to remote server? log4j.rootLogger=INFO, WARN, console, file, SYSLOG log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.file.append=true... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heshandh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a script that logs bandwidth on a specific port?

I have a script that runs right before a daily reboot that captures the amount of MB transmitted up and pulled down since last reboot. echo `date +"%m-%d-%y"``grep eth0 /proc/net/dev | awk '{print ","$2/1024/1024","$10/1024/1024}'`>>/home/nick/bandwidth.logIn looking at the raw output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
1 Replies

10. AIX

Configure AIX server to send logs and auditing to Qradar

Hi All I need your help to configure Aix to send logs to Qradar, I did all the methods that mentioned in IBM website and no use, Plz Help,, The Logs should I receive from Aix and display in Qradar is (create user delete user changing in privileges....etc ) my skype account khaled_ly84 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
4 Replies
imapd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  imapd(8)

NAME
imapd - Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) server process SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/imapd DESCRIPTION
The IMAP4rev1 server, imapd, accepts commands on its standard input and responds on its standard output. It is normally invoked by the inetd command and it reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf file. If you want to take the IMAP server off line for a period of time, you should notify the client systems. To do this, create a msg/shutdown file, edit it, and state the reason for the shut down. Set the owner of the msg directory and the shutdown file to be the imap user. When a client system tries to access the server, imapd sends the first line contained in the shutdown file to the client and closes the connec- tion. If you want to send a message to the IMAP clients without disabling connections, create a msg/motd file, edit it, and add your message. Set the owner of the msg directory and the motd file to be the imap user. The server sends the first line contained in the file to the clients upon connection as an ALERT message, which IMAP-compliant clients are required to display. Access to mailboxes is unaffected. For debugging purposes, create a log/user directory. When this directory exists, the imapd daemon creates protocol telemetry logs for ses- sions authenticating as user. The telemetry logs are stored in the log/user directory with the file name of the imapd process id. The msg/shutdown and msg/motd files and the log/user directory should be created under the directory specified in the configdirectory con- figuration option of the imapd.conf file. The default value is /var/imap, as in /var/imap/msg/motd. FILES
Configuration file for the IMAP server SEE ALSO
Commands: cyradm(1), deliver(8), imapd(8), imapquota(8), inetd(8), reconstruct(8) Files: imapd.conf(4) Network Administration imapd(8)