Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements MySQL dropped in favor of MariaDB Post 302857601 by figaro on Thursday 26th of September 2013 05:19:09 PM
Old 09-26-2013
In the beginning it was not expensive at all: for 400 USD you would have lifetime support. In the early 2000s this was a popular option.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

are dropped packets a sign of network problem?

in a xen environment , i see a lot op dropped packets via netstat -i Is this a sign of network problems, or is it normal to see this kind of numbers? i'm not sure how to interprete the data. is this normal, bad, critical. What are your stats on this? I guess i have a xen issue of some sort,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Recover dropped database

I have deleted a database. I restored it again with a backup. Now we lost some data of two days. Is it possible to restore this lost data? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eastme
5 Replies

3. Ubuntu

System chrashe , dropped into Busybox

This is the mistake that i've done : First of all go to /etc/apt/sources.list folder from terminal or using file manager ... than copy the content of sources.list in to your adequate source.list. Create a file named sources.list.bt and paste the same content In the end open the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dud3
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find User who dropped table in teradata DB

HI Team Is there a way to track which user dropped the table in Teradata ? Please share the query or approach . Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Records not dropped from UNIX Script

Hi All, As per my biz requirement, I need to drop the partition from our PROD table based on the retention period. Hence I have written the script and called the drop partition procedure within the script. The procedure is working fine and droped the partition from the table when I execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
4 Replies
kinit(1m)																 kinit(1m)

NAME
kinit - Obtains and caches ticket-granting ticket SYNOPSIS
kinit [-c cachename] [-f] [-l lifetime] [-p] [-r lifetime] [-v] [principal] OPTIONS
Specifies an alternative credentials cache, cachename, to be used in place of the default credentials cache. The kinit command overwrites the contents of the alternative cache with the current credentials. The name of the default credentials cache may vary between systems. However, if the KRB5CCNAME environment variable is set, its value is used to name the default cache. Requests the FORWARDABLE option. This option allows a ticket-granting ticket with a different network address than the present ticket-granting ticket to be issued to the principal. For forwardable tickets to be granted, the principal's account in the registry must specify that the principal can be granted forwardable tickets. Specifies the lifetime of the ticket-granting ticket in hours. If this option is not specified, the default ticket lifetime (set by each site using the rgy_edit(1m) command) is used. Requests the PROXIABLE option. This option allows a ticket with a different network address than the present ticket to be issued to the principal. For proxiable tickets to be granted, the principal's account in the registry must specify that the principal can be granted proxiable tickets. Requests the RENEWABLE option. This option allows the tickets issued to the principal to be renewed. For renewable tickets to be granted, the principal's account in the registry must specify that the principal can be granted renewable tickets. The life- time of the ticket-granting ticket is specified in hours by lifetime. Specifies that the command should run in verbose mode. ARGUMENTS
The principal argument specifies the name of the principal for whom the ticket-granting ticket should be obtained. If principal is omitted, the principal name from the existing cache is reused. DESCRIPTION
The kinit command can be used to refresh a DCE credentials cache. When you invoke kinit, it prompts for your password. The ticket lifetime and renewable lifetime are set in the following format: {num {interval}}... where: A number that specifies the number of the interval; interval can be specified by the following: w - weeks d - days h - hours m - minutes s - seconds For example, to set the lifetime to 3 weeks, 5 days, and 10 hours, the entry would be the following: 3w5d10h FILES
If the KRB5CCNAME environment variable is not set, the name of the file is in the form shown where [unix_id] is the decimal UNIX ID of the user. If the KRB5CCNAME environment variable is set, its setting determines the name of the file. NOTE
kinit provided under "/usr/bin" is part of Kerberos V5 client product. For DCE operations use "/opt/dce/bin/kinit". RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: klist(1m), kdestroy(1m). kinit(1m)