Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements MySQL dropped in favor of MariaDB Post 302857479 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of September 2013 12:11:59 PM
Old 09-26-2013
I felt the writing was on the wall way back when MySQL split into free and open "community" and expensive high-end "enterprise" versions. That's not open, and part of why Sun was able to waltz in and hijack it so easily, IMHO.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

are dropped packets a sign of network problem?

in a xen environment , i see a lot op dropped packets via netstat -i Is this a sign of network problems, or is it normal to see this kind of numbers? i'm not sure how to interprete the data. is this normal, bad, critical. What are your stats on this? I guess i have a xen issue of some sort,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Recover dropped database

I have deleted a database. I restored it again with a backup. Now we lost some data of two days. Is it possible to restore this lost data? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eastme
5 Replies

3. Ubuntu

System chrashe , dropped into Busybox

This is the mistake that i've done : First of all go to /etc/apt/sources.list folder from terminal or using file manager ... than copy the content of sources.list in to your adequate source.list. Create a file named sources.list.bt and paste the same content In the end open the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dud3
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find User who dropped table in teradata DB

HI Team Is there a way to track which user dropped the table in Teradata ? Please share the query or approach . Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Records not dropped from UNIX Script

Hi All, As per my biz requirement, I need to drop the partition from our PROD table based on the retention period. Hence I have written the script and called the drop partition procedure within the script. The procedure is working fine and droped the partition from the table when I execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
4 Replies
gnome-open(1)							   User Commands						     gnome-open(1)

NAME
gnome-open - open a file using the appropriate application SYNOPSIS
gnome-open [-h] filename DESCRIPTION
gnome-open opens a file from the command line by launching the appropriate application that is associated with the file mime type. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Display usage and help information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename Specifies the name of the file to open. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Opening a Text File in the Home Directory example% gnome-open README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-open Executable to open a file using the appropriate application ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnome-open(1)