Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements MySQL dropped in favor of MariaDB Post 302857479 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of September 2013 12:11:59 PM
Old 09-26-2013
I felt the writing was on the wall way back when MySQL split into free and open "community" and expensive high-end "enterprise" versions. That's not open, and part of why Sun was able to waltz in and hijack it so easily, IMHO.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

are dropped packets a sign of network problem?

in a xen environment , i see a lot op dropped packets via netstat -i Is this a sign of network problems, or is it normal to see this kind of numbers? i'm not sure how to interprete the data. is this normal, bad, critical. What are your stats on this? I guess i have a xen issue of some sort,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Recover dropped database

I have deleted a database. I restored it again with a backup. Now we lost some data of two days. Is it possible to restore this lost data? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eastme
5 Replies

3. Ubuntu

System chrashe , dropped into Busybox

This is the mistake that i've done : First of all go to /etc/apt/sources.list folder from terminal or using file manager ... than copy the content of sources.list in to your adequate source.list. Create a file named sources.list.bt and paste the same content In the end open the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dud3
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find User who dropped table in teradata DB

HI Team Is there a way to track which user dropped the table in Teradata ? Please share the query or approach . Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Records not dropped from UNIX Script

Hi All, As per my biz requirement, I need to drop the partition from our PROD table based on the retention period. Hence I have written the script and called the drop partition procedure within the script. The procedure is working fine and droped the partition from the table when I execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
4 Replies
wall(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  wall(1M)

NAME
wall - write to all users SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/wall [-a] [-g grpname] [filename] DESCRIPTION
wall reads its standard input until an end-of-file. It then sends this message to all currently logged-in users preceded by: Broadcast Message from ... If filename is given, then the message is read in from that file. Normally, pseudo-terminals that do not correspond to rlogin sessions are ignored. Thus, when using a window system, the message appears only on the console window. However, -a will send the message even to such pseudo-terminals. It is used to warn all users, typically prior to shutting down the system. The sender must be superuser to override any protections the users may have invoked See mesg(1). wall runs setgid() to the group ID tty, in order to have write permissions on other user's terminals. See setuid(2). wall will detect non-printable characters before sending them to the user's terminal. Control characters will appear as a " ^ " followed by the appropriate ASCII character; characters with the high-order bit set will appear in "meta" notation. For example, `03' is dis- played as `^C' and `372' as `M-z'. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Broadcast message to the console and pseudo-terminals. -g grpname Broadcast to the users in a specified group only, per the group database (see group(4)). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
If the LC_* variables (LC_CTYPE, LC_TIME, LC_COLLATE, LC_NUMERIC, and LC_MONETARY) are not set in the environment, the operational behav- ior of wall for each corresponding locale category is determined by the value of the LANG environment variable. See environ(5). If LC_ALL is set, its contents are used to override both the LANG and the other LC_* variables. If none of the above variables are set in the envi- ronment, the "C" (U.S. style) locale determines how wall behaves. FILES
/dev/tty* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mesg(1), write(1), setuid(2), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
wall displays ``Cannot send to ...'' when the open on a user's tty file fails. SunOS 5.10 13 Jul 1994 wall(1M)