Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sqlplus in shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sqlplus in shell script Post 302857311 by durden_tyler on Thursday 26th of September 2013 03:11:23 AM
Old 09-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvmanikandan
I think EOF started at beginning of sql and end after doing the query. Please correct me if i am wrong.
It did, but that's not what Corona688 is talking about. The final "END" in your script should be at the beginning of the line, but is not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script from sqlplus

I have a script which connects to different database servers using sqlplus. Is there a way by which I can run a shell command on that host from sqlplus? I know about 'host' command but it runs script on the local machine where the original script is running. Is there a way to run command on the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkr123
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script And SQLPLUS

i'm having real problems retrieving the returncode of my sqlplus-call. I found a lot of informations on the net, but havn't been able to get it running so far, so now i ask for some help ;) I do start the sqlplus out of my shell script with the parameters stored in the proc_clips.sql, which is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maco_home
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call sqlplus in the shell script

Hi, I am writing a script to test database connection. If the first try fails, it will wait for 1 minutes and then try again. The script is as following: ........ for i in $ORACLE_SID do $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $username/$password@$i <<! >/dev/null select * from tab; exit if ; then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beaniebear
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS within shell script

Hi I want to connect to the Oracle database using a username/password and get back the query result(a numeric value) in a variable, which I can then compare using a conditional. Can anybody help me with this. Thanks Gaurav (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav_1711
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to learn/use SQLPLUS in shell script

Hi All, How i will use sqlplus in shell script? Can any one provide sample code which explain following: 1. Connect to oracle DB 2. Exceute select * from tablename 3. Release connection to the DB 4. Append output in file everytime when query executes. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLplus and Shell script problem

sql_rows=`sqlplus -s / <<EOF set heading off set pagesize 1000 set tab off set linesize 120 wrap off column "Path" format a15 --column "No_Of_files" format a10 select tablespace_name, substr(file_name,1,instr(file_name,'/',1,2)) as "Path" , count(*) as "No_Of_files" from dba_data_files ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: desibabu
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus in shell script

Hi When I use sqlplus in shell script, I get sqlplus: command not found. ORACLE_HOME is not set. How to set ORACLE_HOME in unix? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth_kumar
3 Replies
recordio(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  recordio(1)

NAME
recordio - record the input and output of a program SYNTAX
recordio program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
recordio runs program with the given arguments. It prints lines to stderr showing the input and output of program. At the beginning of each line on stderr, recordio inserts the program process ID, along with < for input or > for output. At the end of each line it inserts a space, a plus sign, or [EOF]; a space indicates that there was a newline in the input or output, and [EOF] indicates the end of input or output. recordio prints every packet of input and output immediately. It does not attempt to combine packets into coherent stderr lines. For example, recordio sh -c 'cat /dev/fd/8 2>&1' > /dev/null could produce 5135 > cat: /dev/fd/8: Bad file descriptor 5135 > [EOF] or 5135 > cat: + 5135 > /dev/fd/8+ 5135 > : + 5135 > Bad file descriptor 5135 > [EOF] recordio uses several lines for long packets to guarantee that each line is printed atomically to stderr. recordio runs as a child of program. It exits when it sees the end of program's output. SEE ALSO
tcpserver(1) recordio(1)