Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sftp cmd
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Sftp cmd Post 302857035 by hergp on Wednesday 25th of September 2013 10:31:43 AM
Old 09-25-2013
The -o option is used to pass one option to the sftp-command. You need two of them, so you need two -o.

You also could put the options in your ~/.ssh/config file, so you don't have to pass them on the command line:
Code:
Host sftpserver
    Port xxxx
    IdentityFile /your/private/key

---------- Post updated at 16:31 ---------- Previous update was at 16:26 ----------

You even can add the username
Code:
Host sftpserver
    Port xxxx
    IdentityFile /your/private/key
    User user

then all you need on the commandline is
Code:
sftp sftpserver

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Programming

open cmd

if((LogFile=open(TempStr,O_CREAT|O_WRONLY|O_APPEND,0666))==-1) return(1); could someone explain me what the open() does here (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv cmd

Hi All, How can I move only files to another destination using mv cmd in hp-ux. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
2 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello, There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it? open(CMD,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cmd while using ps

Hi i am new to shell scripting and any help is really appreciated. my requirement is in, ps -e -o pid,uname,cmd how can i split and take only the cmd part from it. I tried awk but the issue is when the cmd is returning a lengthy command which itself has some spaces it is truncating the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jojo90
7 Replies
TRACE-CMD-STOP(1)														 TRACE-CMD-STOP(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-stop - stop the Ftrace Linux kernel tracer from writing to the ring buffer. SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd stop DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) stop is a complement to trace-cmd-start(1). This will disable Ftrace from writing to the ring buffer. This does not stop the overhead that the tracing may incur. Only the updating of the ring buffer is disabled, the Ftrace tracing may still be inducing overhead. After stopping the trace, the trace-cmd-extract(1) may strip out the data from the ring buffer and create a trace.dat file. The Ftrace pseudo file system may also be examined. To disable the tracing completely to remove the overhead it causes, use trace-cmd-reset(1). But after a reset is performed, the data that has been recorded is lost. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-STOP(1)