Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Desktop OS
Operating Systems Linux Linux Desktop OS Post 302855253 by 3therk1ll on Thursday 19th of September 2013 12:55:39 PM
Old 09-19-2013
Gee whizz, thanks for that unique bit of insight, Debian and Ubuntu are different OS'? Well I never.
I didn't ask if they were the same did I? The question was, if Fedora was not too different from Debian/Ubuntu.
Please take the time to read what's being asked before flaming.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Desktop of linux server

Hi, How to get desktop of linux server in windows using putty or any other software (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. Linux

Best Linux desktop distro

I hate the fact that my first post is this. Anyhow, I've been using Linux distros such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, openSUSE, and a few others for quite some time now. I've never had a problem with any distro, thus saying that they were all good in my opinion. I've been reading a lot on different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vex
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Linux Desktop vs Windows 8

Any comments on this Windows 8 OEM specs may block Linux booting | ITworld (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
16 Replies

4. Fedora

Build Linux Desktop ?

Hi, Just trying to make a plan as to if this doable or not? Currently in the company all the desktop are Windows, users get MS-Word, some kind of Virus program. and all connected to Windows domain. If I want to do the same thiing on Linux? How would I do that? First I need to create... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

VXVM on Linux desktop

I would like to install vmvm on linux for practice My hdd is only 1 & its a intel core i5 processor which i believe is 64 bit.. Has anyone have experience of installing it on desktop ? Or any other advice to learn it ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
3 Replies
import-bug-from-debian(1)				      General Commands Manual					 import-bug-from-debian(1)

NAME
import-bug-from-debian - Import bugs from Debian's BTS, and file them against Ubuntu in LP. SYNOPSIS
import-bug-from-debian [options] bug... import-bug-from-debian -h DESCRIPTION
import-bug-from-debian clones bugs from Debian's BTS into Launchpad. Each bug listed on the command line has its initial report re-filed against the same source package in Ubuntu. The Ubuntu bug is linked back to its Debian counterpart. Each bug may be provided either as a bug number or URL. OPTIONS
-b, --browserless Don't open the bug in a browser at the end. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Use the specified instance of Launchpad (e.g. "staging"), instead of the default of "production". -p PACKAGE, --package=PACKAGE Launchpad package to file bug against, if not the same source package name as Debian. Useful for importing removal bugs filed against ftp.debian.org. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. IMPORT_BUG_FROM_DEBIAN_LPINSTANCE, UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The default value for --lpinstance. SEE ALSO
ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHORS
import-bug-from-debian was written by James Westby <james.westby@ubuntu.com>, and this manual page was written by Stefano Rivera <ste- fanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. ubuntu-dev-tools September 21 2010 import-bug-from-debian(1)