Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Memory Utilisation of a server Post 302854973 by Arasu on Wednesday 18th of September 2013 05:10:19 PM
Old 09-18-2013
I am using sun solaris 5.8

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to know CPU utilisation

We have a Sun Sparc System which has multiple CPUs (4 Nos.). I need a command/program that can be used to monitor the % utilization per CPU. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saood
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check Process Utilisation

Hi, Is there any way in Unix to check for the system usage processwise ?? I mean I wud like to get a listing of running processes along with their CPU / memory utilisation so that I can spot dangerous the space / memory eaters .. Thanks & regards, SNS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

amount of memory in my server

Hi all, is there any command that i can execute to find out the size of the harddisk and RAM on my server? Because i am not the SA, i do not have access to such infomation. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for CPU and Memory Utilisation

Hi, I want to check the CPU and Memory Utilisation in the whole machine (not for a single process). Can someone send me a ready made script which captures all information in a log every 5min?? Thanks, Ajith (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajith Praveen
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start a new process when memory/cpu utilisation falls

Hi all, I am a newbie to whole shell scripting thing. I deal with computational studies and a lot of softwares which run on linux. At times, I have to schedule my jobs after some process has started. In these case, I have to use at command to schedule my job. However, I would like to know if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsmithgr8
0 Replies

6. AIX

Memory utilization of my Server

Hi, i have two oracle instances running on my server with 7.5G RAM but it is showing almost 99% memory is full as you can see bellow. # svmon size inuse free pin virtual memory 1974272 1954270 20002 336595 1800652 pg space 4194304 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmanucit
7 Replies

7. AIX

CPU and memory utilisation by one process

Hi, We need to monitor one process over time to see at which exact point it starts to consume to much memory and CPU (to correlate this with some other events). I am a newbie in AIX, so please could you tell me which command will give a snapshot of the current state of a process so that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yallow
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Memory Utilisation of httpd process

Hi All, I have a RHEL 5.4 server which runs an Apache web server(2.2.23 compiled with prefork MPM).I want to find out the memory utilised by the web server. # ps -ylC httpd | wc -l 245 # ps -ylC httpd | more S UID PID PPID C PRI NI RSS SZ WCHAN TTY TIME CMD S ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
0 Replies

9. Linux

Reason/components behind high memory utilisation on linux

Hi friends, Problem: High memory utilisation of one linux server, due to which a database crashed on the server. My question to all: How does glance calculate that memory utilisation on the linux server is 98%. I mean what components are part of (31.4gb-599mb)? How can i check that myself? Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

10. AIX

Overall cpu Utilisation

Hi, I need a command to check overall cpu utilisation TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies
PQLIST(1)							      pqlist								 PQLIST(1)

NAME
pqlist - List available NetWare print queues SYNOPSIS
pqlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
pqlist lists all the NetWare print queues available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqlist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the printing queue available on your server by doing pqlist -S server | wc -l pqlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only selected queues. You can use wildcards in the pattern, but you have to be careful to prevent shell inter- pretation of wildcards like '*'. -h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqlist prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pqlist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pqlist 01/10/1996 PQLIST(1)