Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Linux Client To Authenticate using TACACS Post 302854803 by metallica1973 on Wednesday 18th of September 2013 11:24:59 AM
Old 09-18-2013
Linux Client To Authenticate using TACACS

I have customer who controls access to the internet via TACACS server, basically a PIX firewall uses authentication from the TACACS to say if traffic is allowed to pass out of the gateway. I can't find anything on how to configure a linux client of TACACS authentication only how to set up a linux TACACS server.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

VPN client for linux?...

I'm looking for an open source VPN client that I can set up on RedHat 7.1. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance. VJ :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect/telnet/testing tacacs on a cisco

At times I find the need to test that the tacacs port 49 is open. The code below works but is painfully slow because I have to wait on the timeouts. Examples of possible responds router1#telnet 10.11.20.14 49 Trying 206.112.204.140, 49 ... Open route1#telnet 10.11.19.14 49 Trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring Unix(FreeSBD) to authenticate to TACACS

Can someone please posts the steps needed to configure a UNIX server to authenticate with a TACACS+ server or point me in the right direction been googling for 2 days now. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: supadee718
0 Replies

4. BSD

Can someone please posts the steps needed to configure a UNIX server to authenticate with a TACACS+ server or point me in the right direction been googling for 2 days now. Thanks (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Can someone please posts the steps needed to configure a UNIX server to authenticate with a TACACS+ server or point me in the right direction been googling for 2 days now. Thanks (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Linux

MS Exchange from linux client

I haven't seen many updates so im here to ask my fellow *nix users if they have found a way or have atleast heard anything about GUI Mail Client that can access mail from a MS Exchange server. I know that Evolution stopped worked up until Exchange 2003 but not for 2007 or 2010. It doesn't seem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
4 Replies

7. AIX

AIX LDAP client authenticate against Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL

Hi folks, How can i configure an AIX LDAP client to authenticate against an Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL? It works like a charm without TLS/SSL. i would like to have SSL encrypted communication for ldap (secldapclntd) and ldapsearch etc. while accepting every kind of certificate/CA.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paco699
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Windows AD users authenticate to Linux

Hello folks, Please advise me what is the best way to authenticate Windows AD users against Linux machines. Currently I am going to take a look of Vintela Authentication Services and please let me know if you have experience with VIntela. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies
ipkungfu(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ipkungfu(8)

NAME
ipkungfu - An iptables-based firewall for Linux SYNOPSIS
ipkungfu [ -c ] [ -t ] [ -d ] [ -h ] [ -v ] [ --quiet ] [ --panic ] [ --no-caching DESCRIPTION
ipkungfu is an iptables-based Linux firewall. The primary design goals are security, ease of use, and performance, in that order. It takes advantage of advanced features of iptables, tcpwrappers, and the Linux kernel. It also simplifies the configuration of internet connection sharing, advanced routing, and other networking needs. OPTIONS
-c (or --check) Check whether ipkungfu is loaded, and report any command line options it may have been loaded with. -t (or --test) Runs a configuration test, and displays the results. Note that this does not test or display all configuration options. This gives you an opportunity to verify that major configuration options are correct before putting them into action. -d (or --disable) Disables the firewall. It is important to know exactly what this option does. All traffic is allowed in and out, and in the case of a gateway, all NATed traffic is forwarded (the option retains your connection sharing options). Custom rules are not implemented, and deny_hosts.conf is ignored. -f (or --flush) Disables the firewall COMPLETELY. All rules are flushed, all chains are removed. Any port forwarding or internet connection sharing will cease to work. -h (or --help) Displays brief usage information and exits. -v (or --version) Displays version information and exits. --quiet Runs ipkungfu with no standard output --panic Drops ALL traffic in all directions on all network interfaces. You should probably never use this option. The --panic option is available for the highly unusual situation where you know that an attack is underway but you know of no other way to stop it. --failsafe If ipkungfu fails, --failsafe will cause all firewall policies to revert to ACCEPT. This is useful when working with ipkungfu remotely, to prevent loss of remote access due to firewall failure. --no-caching Disables rules caching feature. FILES
/etc/ipkungfu/ipkungfu.conf /etc/ipkungfu/advanced.conf /etc/ipkungfu/accept_hosts.conf /etc/ipkungfu/deny_hosts.conf /etc/ipkungfu/custom.conf /etc/ipkungfu/log.conf /etc/ipkungfu/redirect.conf /etc/ipkungfu/services.conf /usr/sbin/ipkungfu /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/AUTHORS /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/README /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/FAQ /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/ChangeLog /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/COPYING SEE ALSO
iptables(8). January 2003 ipkungfu(8)