Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Output in xls format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output in xls format Post 302854575 by DGPickett on Tuesday 17th of September 2013 04:28:19 PM
Old 09-17-2013
Yoda: '... as long as there are no commas, double quotes or linefeeds in your cells.'

---------- Post updated at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:24 PM ----------

Code:

1,two,"three,
and more three
and then ""How are you, Sir?""
ok enough",4,5.555\r
2,four,six,8,11.1110\r
(EOF)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract output from a script to .xls file

Hi, I am running a script, the output of which is needed to be filled in .xls file. I am doing this manually now, i mean I am writing the output of the script to Excel file manually. How to redirect the output of the script to .xls file? Please help me out!!! Thanks much, Scriptlearner. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptlearner
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

conert the pipe delimated file into xls format

Hi I have spool file which is pipe delimated and i want to convert it into xls . Is any tool or method availabe in UNIX for this kind of conversion (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating xls with utf-8 format

Hi All, This is my first mail to the group.I would like to generate an attachment in xls format which contains accented characters that are supported by UTF-8 format. However, I am not able to get them as i wished. Can anyone help me in this regard.I would like to know the mail format for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyanramurs
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a csv file to an xls format

Hi, I have a file coming in xxx.txt(csv format) i do some work on it and i need to send out as a .xls format. Is there any way there is some code i can use in my script to convert this? I'm struggling on this. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script to convert .csv file to.xls format

I have a .csv file in Unix box i need a UNIX script to convert the.csv files to.xls format. Its very urgent please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon_friend
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the data from database (oracle) and send the output as an .xls file?

Hi, How to extract the data from Oracle database and sent the output data to mails using mailx command with .xls attachement? Here i know how to connect the database using unix shell script and how to use the mailx command in UNIX script But i don't know how to use the .xls format file (i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output to a .xls file

Hi, I am using the sybase database server though unix platform and try to retrieve some data by the help of select statement, and my main issue is i want to redirect all the the data i.e. retrieve from the select statement to a .xls file with the same column name and the outputs. How can i do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearcase ucm baseline differences report in xls format

Hi All, Can any one help me to get the shell/perl scripts for the below requirements. 1: To get the clearcase checkin's information between two lables generate a formatted Xls output and to find the added changed and removed files and versions between the ClearCase baselines. 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module to convert xlsx format to xls format

Hi Folks, I have written a perl script that reads data from excel sheet(.xls) using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module. But the problem is this module doesn't work for excel sheets with extension .xlsx. I have gone through Spreadsheet::XLSX module with which we can read from .xlsx file directly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting text files to xls through awk script for specific data format

Dear Friends, I am in urgent need for awk/sed/sh script for converting a specific data format (.txt) to .xls. The input is as follows: >gi|1234|ref| Query = 1 - 65, Target = 1677 - 1733 Score = 8.38, E = 0.6529, P = 0.0001513, GC = 46 fd sdfsdfsdfsdf fsdfdsfdfdfdfdfdf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit1
6 Replies
CHARTEX(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       CHARTEX(1p)

NAME
chartex - A utility to extract charts from an Excel file for insertion into a Spreadsheet::WriteExcel file. DESCRIPTION
This program is used for extracting one or more charts from an Excel file in binary format. The charts can then be included in a "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" file. See the "add_chart_ext()" section of the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel documentation for more details. SYNOPSIS
chartex [--chartname --help --man] file.xls Options: --chartname -c The root name for the extracted charts, defaults to "chart". OPTIONS
--chartname or -c This sets the root name for the extracted charts, defaults to "chart". For example: $ chartex file.xls Extracting "Chart1" to chart01.bin $ chartex -c mychart file.xls Extracting "Chart1" to mychart01.bin --help or -h Print a brief help message and exits. --man or -m Prints the manual page and exits. AUTHOR
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org VERSION
Version 0.02. COPYRIGHT
X MMV, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-11-29 CHARTEX(1p)