Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris "Estream construct failed" Error on Solaris i86pc Post 302853865 by vivek.goel.piet on Monday 16th of September 2013 09:10:45 AM
Old 09-16-2013
"Estream construct failed" Error on Solaris i86pc

Hi Guys,

From past some days, I am getting an error in /var/adm/messages which is as shown below.

Code:
XXXXX02:/# cat /var/adm/messages |tail 
Sep 16 15:28:14 XXXX02 EV_AGENT[2456]: [ID 881973 daemon.error] Agent Main --Estream construct failed. Err: EMULSocket::recv() 
Sep 16 15:31:49 XXXX02 EV_AGENT[2456]: [ID 558310 daemon.error] Agent main -- unknown exception 
Sep 16 15:32:23 XXXX02 EV_AGENT[2456]: [ID 881973 daemon.error] Agent Main --Estream construct failed. Err: EMULSocket::recv() 
Sep 16 15:35:49 XXXX02 EV_AGENT[2456]: [ID 558310 daemon.error] Agent main -- unknown exception 
XXXXX02:/#

the hardware version is SunOS XXXXX02 5.10 Generic_144489-08 i86pc i386 i86pc.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards
Vivek

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 09-16-2013 at 11:38 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on using "[[ ]]" in lieu of IF Construct

Unix gurus, I have a piece of code as below. ] && INST="${ORACLE_SID}" || INST="${TWO_TASK}" I know that the above code can be used in lieu of an IF construct. I also know that the above code can be extended for the "true" condition to include more than one command (as below): ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command 'rm -f -r "0yfOYy-0008Nq-2j-32233-K"' failed with return code 1 and error mes

I would like to know what means this error and how to fix it Command 'rm -f -r "0yfOYy-0008Nq-2j-32233-K"' failed with return code 1 and error message Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxbee
3 Replies

3. AIX

Ssh installation error "RSA key generation failed"

While trying to upgrade ssh from v4.7 to v5.0 on AIX 5.3 TL9, I end up with the following error. Has anyone come across this? Note: openssl has been upgraded to 0.9.8.840 before this upgrade Bala (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Removing "Failed none for" error messages from sshd logs files

We have a number of system running the same patch level, OS version and sshd version. The systems also have the same sshd config and syslog.conf entries , however one of the systems keeps logging the following message everytime someone logs in: Nov 16 09:36:02 server389 sshd: Failed none for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Webster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why stderr file descriptor redirection makes ksh's "select" construct hang.

I am trying to use one global declaration --> "exec 2>$ERR" to capture all stderr outputs that may occur anywhere in my script. Then close it at the end of the script using --> "exec 2<&-" I am using KSH on Solaris 8. KSH Version M-11/16/88i If I comment two "exec .." statements in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies

6. Red Hat

"ERROR : failed to mount nfs source" Red Hat Kickstart

Hi There, I have been googling for this error and try solution provided but still not avail to resolve Kickstart Issue. Any expert have encounter this problem? Thanks. Regards, Regmaster (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

(CSH basic construct) "@" query

While going through a script, i came across few syntax which I am not aware of what they exactly means. @ cnt = 1 @ num_all = `echo $var` What is the significance of "@" here. What is it called? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
snmpdx(1M)						  System Administration Commands						snmpdx(1M)

NAME
snmpdx - Sun Solstice Enterprise Master Agent SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx [-hy] [-a filename] [-c config-dir] [-d debug-level] [-i filename] [ -m GROUP -m SPLIT] [-o filename] [-p port] [-r filename] DESCRIPTION
The Master Agent, snmpdx, is the main component of Solstice Enterprise Agent technology. It runs as a daemon process and listens to User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port 161 for SNMP requests. The Master Agent also opens another port to receive SNMP trap notifications from vari- ous subagents. These traps are forwarded to various managers, as determined by the configuration file. Upon invocation, snmpdx reads its various configuration files and takes appropriate actions by activating subagents, determining the sub- tree Object Identifier (OID) for various subagents, populating its own Management Information Bases (MIBs), and so forth. The Master Agent invokes subagents, registers subagents, sends requests to subagents, receives responses from subagents, and traps notifications from sub- agents. The Master Agent is invoked from a start-up script at boot time only if contents of the resource configuration file /etc/snmp/conf/snm- pdx.rsrc are non-trivial. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a filename Specify the full path of the access control file used by the Master Agent. The default access control file is /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.acl. -c config-dir Specify the full path of the directory containing the Master Agent configuration files. The default directory is /etc/snmp/conf. -d debug-level Debug. Levels from 0 to 4 are supported, giving various levels of debug information. The default is 0 which means no debug information is given. -h Help. Print the command line usage. -i filename Specify the full path of the enterprise-name OID map. This file contains the PID used by the Master Agent for recovery after a crash. It contains tuples of the UNIX process ID, port number, resource name, and agent name. The default file is /var/snmp/snmpdx.st. -m GROUP | -m SPLIT Specify the mode to use for forwarding of SNMP requests. GROUP Multiple variables can be included in each request from the Master Agent to the subagents. This results in, at mose, one send-request per agent. SPLIT Each variable in the incoming request results in one send-request to each subagent. The default is GROUP. -o filename Specify the full path of the file containing the tuple (enterprise-name, OID). For example, (Sun Microsystems, 1.3.1.6.1.4.32). The Master Agent uses this file as a base for look-up in the trap-filtering and forwarding process. The default file is /etc/snmp/conf/enterprises.oid. -p port Specify the port number. The default port number is 161. -r filename Specify the full path of the resource file to be used by the Master Agent. This file stores information about the subagents that the Master Agent invokes and manages. The default resource file is /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.rsrc. -y Set a recovery indicator to invoke the recovery module. The recovery process discovers which subagents in the pre- vious session are still active; those subagents not active are re-spawned by the Master Agent. FILES
/etc/snmp/conf/enterprises.oid Enterprise-name OID map /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.acl Access control file /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.rsrc Resource configuration file /var/snmp/snmpdx.st Master Agent status file /var/snmp/mib/snmpdx.mib Master Agent MIB file EXIT STATUS
The following error values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsasnm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
snmpXdmid(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Oct 2002 snmpdx(1M)