Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delay with Wget
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delay with Wget Post 302852915 by Corona688 on Thursday 12th of September 2013 03:26:34 PM
Old 09-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlopes
I tried this option but it didn't work. It seems that this delay only applies when Wget receives an error.
Nope, it works great:

Code:
wget -i list.txt -w 10

What exactly did you do? In what way did it not work? Show your script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login Delay

When telneting to a SUN box and incorrectly spelling your password, there is a delay of approx. 5 seconds. Is there any way to shorten this time? OS solaris 7 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delay in mv

Working on AIX 4.3 I have an active exe that accepts files for processing on our RS6000. Day to day i store these files in a secure place and at the end of the day I mv them one by one. After some reading and ofcourse trial and error i figured out that this helps... mv `ls -l |head -l | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buRst
2 Replies

3. Programming

Introducing Delay less then a second.

Hi, I have a doubt in introducing a delay in the programs. We know that we do have a sleep() function/api using which we can bring a delay in terms of seconds. A minimum delay can be atleast 1 second. Now I'm bothered about how to introduce a delay that is just less than a second. Like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

4. Programming

Delay a process.

How to delay a process. I need to to delay a process from 3sec. At that 3sec other back ground processes also should stop. (just sit 3sec for idle & then starts execution as normally) I use sleep(3)-But it not stop the bg processes I try to use loop but it not gurantee to wait 3sec. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ugp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop and delay

Dear all, if we want to run a command every 5 mins to check if the process is working fine or not... like in c, we can use a simple while loop with a delay for 5 mins... how can we accomplish this is solaris 8/9 thanks br/asad (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time delay for awk

I have an awk script, and want to introduce a time delay. How can I do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

how to delay the outgoing packets ??

hello, i am searching a way to delay the incoming packets before it goes out of the system may i know how can i approach to this problem? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer kulkarni
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop without a delay

Hi, I am trying to understand what would happen if ther is a loop without any delay like sleep statement, I feel that would add a lot of load onto the CPU. Trying to understand how the load is reduced by the introduction of sleep(). Thanks and regards Zulfi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trying to understand the delay

Heyas As you know me, i have scripts for about almost every aspect of my IT life. This time, i'm having issues to figure out why my script to connect to my wifi spots takes so long when started as service. The service file (the after:local-fs.target is for 'home installations'): cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
LWP-DOWNLOAD(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
lwp-download - Fetch large files from the web SYNOPSIS
lwp-download [-a] [-s] <url> [<local path>] DESCRIPTION
The lwp-download program will save the file at url to a local file. If local path is not specified, then the current directory is assumed. If local path is a directory, then the last segment of the path of the url is appended to form a local filename. If the url path ends with slash the name "index" is used. With the -s option pick up the last segment of the filename from server provided sources like the Content- Disposition header or any redirect URLs. A file extension to match the server reported Content-Type might also be appended. If a file with the produced filename already exists, then lwp-download will prompt before it overwrites and will fail if its standard input is not a terminal. This form of invocation will also fail is no acceptable filename can be derived from the sources mentioned above. If local path is not a directory, then it is simply used as the path to save into. If the file already exists it's overwritten. The lwp-download program is implemented using the libwww-perl library. It is better suited to down load big files than the lwp-request program because it does not store the file in memory. Another benefit is that it will keep you updated about its progress and that you don't have much options to worry about. Use the "-a" option to save the file in text (ascii) mode. Might make a difference on dosish systems. EXAMPLE
Fetch the newest and greatest perl version: $ lwp-download http://www.perl.com/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz Saving to 'latest.tar.gz'... 11.4 MB received in 8 seconds (1.43 MB/sec) AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)