Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk one liners into a nice script Post 302852897 by RudiC on Thursday 12th of September 2013 02:59:34 PM
Old 09-12-2013
Do you mean like so (a pretty print, give or take):
Code:
gzcat capgw0.log-201308161376632741.gz | sed -n '/2013-08-16 05:56:/,/2013-08-16 05:58:/p' > timebased.log

awk     'FNR==NR && /INFO  - AId:/ {a[$6$8]=$0;next}
         END            {for (i in a) print i "|" a[i]}
        '  FS=":|," timebased.log > t1

awk     '/<?xml versio/ {f=1}
         /<\/iSig>/     {f=0; print $0 "\n" }
         f
        ' timebased.log > t2

awk     'FNR==NR        {a[$1]=$2; next}
         FNR==1         {RS="\n\n"}   
                        { for (i in a)
                                {if ($0~i)      {print a[i] $0 > i".log"; close(i".log")
                                                }
                                }
                        }
        ' FS="|"  t1 t2

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

nice command and nice() system call

Hi I want to implement the nice command in the shell that I am building. I came to know that there is a corresponding nice() system call for the same. But since I will be forking different processes to run different commands typed on the command prompt, is there any way I can make a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejbuch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Turn perl one-liners into full perl script?

I have the following command prompt perl one liner: perl -e 's/\(\)\\,\"]//g; s/^\s//g; s/;/\n/g' -pi result1 I tried to move this one liner into a perl script I am practicing with (just started learning perl right now). I tried the following (I only know how to open a file and output to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EDALBNUG
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

KSH script help needed ( nice error trap routine ?)

I am running a script that runs a loop and executes a command on ${i} until the end of the for loop. From time to time the command generates an error ( which is good) for example ERROR0005: How can I trap the error and send an email echoing the ${i} variable in the loop and the error ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcpinkerton
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - one liners

Guys, I have a requirement like this. A file has >5K records always. Separated by "|", it has 30 fields for each line. In some lines, I am getting an odd field. say, the 15th field is supposed to be 2 characters but comes in as >2. In this case, for resolving this I need to copy the value of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set nice value in an executable in a script?

Is it possible to set a nice value for an executable in a script so that every time the executable runs it has this nice value? I'm trying to set aerender (After Effects terminal renderer) to run at +18 by replacing the original aerender script with a bash script with something like this in it: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Those simple one liners

I wanted to say LOL and punch my face when I saw post#11 (where Don_Cragun even reduced the string manipulation with a simple regex) in the thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/220553-add-0-start-filename-2.html I mean, when things can be done with just a one liner, sometimes I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
6 Replies

7. AIX

Useful and nice script for AIX,but outdated

How can I quickly see disk usage for my entire system? - IBM: AIX FAQ - Tek-Tips I tried it on aix7.1with ./script -dand give me VG PV size used free location Description rootvg 128 397 149 rootvg 128 212 334 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)