Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Heavy Disk I/O in a disk
Operating Systems AIX Heavy Disk I/O in a disk Post 302852711 by rbatte1 on Thursday 12th of September 2013 07:40:56 AM
Old 09-12-2013
So, what vendor and version of Unix?

What have you tried so far?

There's not much to go on at the moment.

Robin

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to Calculate Disk Queue length and Disk Busy Time

Hi, Am doing an enhancements related to monitoring a Linux disk I/O statistics. The /proc/diskstats file is used to get the each disk I/O statistics. But, It returns the raw value. How to calculate the Disk Queue Length and Disk Busy time from the raw values. Guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

5. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
deb-origin(5)							      Debian							     deb-origin(5)

NAME
deb-origin - Vendor-specific information files SYNOPSIS
/etc/dpkg/origins/filename DESCRIPTION
The files in /etc/dpkg/origins can provide information about various vendors who are providing Debian packages. They contain a number of fields, or comments when the line starts with '#'. Each field begins with a tag, such as Vendor or Parent, followed by a colon and the body of the field. Fields are delimited only by field tags. In other words, field text may be multiple lines in length, but the tools will join lines when processing the body of the field. REQUIRED FIELDS
Vendor: vendor-name The value of this field determines the vendor name. OPTIONAL FIELDS
Vendor-URL: vendor-url The value of this field determines the vendor URL. Bugs: bug-url The value of this field determines the type and address of the bug tracking system used by this vendor. It can be a mailto URL or a debbugs URL (e.g., debbugs://bugs.debian.org/). Parent: vendor-name The value of this field determines the vendor name of the vendor that this vendor derives from. EXAMPLE
Vendor: Debian Vendor-URL: http://www.debian.org/ Bugs: debbugs://bugs.debian.org SEE ALSO
dpkg-vendor(1) Debian Project 2011-11-10 deb-origin(5)