Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Chunks of bash shell programming Post 302852527 by Corona688 on Wednesday 11th of September 2013 05:34:55 PM
Old 09-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg123
Thanks. I do not have a way to try those codes. In the office, I do not want to try it out in production box. In my personal laptop, I do not even have unix.
I suggest busybox for windows for that problem. Run busybox bash in a CMD prompt and you'll have a fairly complete UNIX shell along with most of the utilities people expect to use with one.

It's not actually UNIX though, so there'll still be some fundamental differences (case-insensitive files, no special device files or named pipes, etc, etc)

Last edited by Corona688; 09-12-2013 at 01:30 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Programming in ksh and not in bash

Hi all.... I was wondering if there is a lot of differences between /bash and ksh programming. Im learning about bash programming, but all what I had read in this forum, points me to learn more about ksh over bash. Is that right and why? Unfortunately, I can’t write ksh progs on my work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TARFU
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help bash programming

how to i grep a keyword which ignore upper case or lower case. for an example : user enter CoUcH and the grep also can grep couch which in text.txt although upper or loever case is different .. how to do that ? any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CheeSen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep'ing and sed'ing chunks in bash... need help on speeding up a log parser.

I have a file that is 20 - 80+ MB in size that is a certain type of log file. It logs one of our processes and this process is multi-threaded. Therefore the log file is kind of a mess. Here's an example: The logfile looks like: "DATE TIME - THREAD ID - Details", and a new file is created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinenbe
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with date command in bash shell programming

Doubt #1 I have a program that I want the user to input date. When the user inputs the date, is it able to format it to system date dd-mm-yyy and then echo the value into a text file? Doubt#2 If the above is not going to work, I tried to have the system date appear in the user input field and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frossie
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Programming

Write a Shell script to analyse the disk usage of students in a particular class. The program should allow the user running the script to input the particular class name (group name) as an argument to the script. The script should create a file called “logfile” in the home directory of the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumdeal2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash programming

how do you allow a user to input a particular group name as an argument?? thnx for your time. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumdeal2
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use a shell script for deleting chunks from a watch folder?

Hello I have a unique problem of needing to delete large files slowly off of an XSan. I was wondering if there is a script I could use to delete 100gb chunks of files and folders that get placed in to a watch folder, slowly so as not to disrupt the other users. I would like to use Automator in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajsoto
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash programming help

Hello all; I have little knowledge of bash programming, and I was wondering if you could help me out. I would like to create a bash script, as detailed below. process.sh is the bash script itself list.dl is a text file. In this text file, the first line is the directory from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tehalexf
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bash Shell Programming assignment.

Please take a look I am stuck on step 4 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: #!/bin/bash ### ULI101 - ASSIGNMENT #2 (PART A) - DUE DATE Wed, Aug 3, 2011, before 12 midnight. ###==================================================================================== ###... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: almirzaee
13 Replies

10. Linux

Bash Programming. Could anyone help me?

Hi! I'm new in bash programming and I need to make an script that reads a txt file line by line (every line is like "Name;FirstLastName;SecondLastName;Sex") and has to give every student 3 random marks, its average and add a counter if they are male/female and if they passed. I've been trying with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HeartHacker
4 Replies
Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Structure::Atom - Bioperl structure Object, describes an Atom SYNOPSIS
#add synopsis here DESCRIPTION
This object stores a Bio::Structure::Atom FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Kris Boulez Email kris.boulez@algonomics.com APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new() Title : new() Usage : $struc = Bio::Structure::Atom->new( -id => 'human_id', ); Function: Returns a new Bio::Structure::Atom object from basic constructors. Probably most called from Bio::Structure::IO. Returns : a new Bio::Structure::Atom object x() Title : x Usage : $x = $atom->x($x); Function: Set/gets the X coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the X coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is expected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The X coordinate as a number y() Title : y Usage : $y = $atom->y($y); Function: Set/gets the Y coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Y coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is eypected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Y coordinate as a number z() Title : z Usage : $z = $atom->z($z); Function: Set/gets the Z coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Z coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is ezpected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Z coordinate as a number xyz() Title : xyz Usage : ($x,$y,$z) = $atom->xyz; Function: Gets the XYZ coordinates for an Atom Returns : A list with the value for the XYZ coordinate of the Atom Args : residue() Title : residue Usage : Function: No code here, all parent/child stuff via Entry Returns : Args : icode() Title : icode Usage : $icode = $atom->icode($icode) Function: Sets/gets the icode Returns : Returns the icode for this atom Args : reference to an Atom serial() Title : serial Usage : $serial = $atom->serial($serial) Function: Sets/gets the serial number Returns : Returns the serial number for this atom Args : reference to an Atom occupancy() Title : occupancy Usage : $occupancy = $atom->occupancy($occupancy) Function: Sets/gets the occupancy Returns : Returns the occupancy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom tempfactor() Title : tempfactor Usage : $tempfactor = $atom->tempfactor($tempfactor) Function: Sets/gets the tempfactor Returns : Returns the tempfactor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom segID() Title : segID Usage : $segID = $atom->segID($segID) Function: Sets/gets the segID Returns : Returns the segID for this atom Args : reference to an Atom pdb_atomname() Title : pdb_atomname Usage : $pdb_atomname = $atom->pdb_atomname($pdb_atomname) Function: Sets/gets the pdb_atomname (atomname used in the PDB file) Returns : Returns the pdb_atomname for this atom Args : reference to an Atom element() Title : element Usage : $element = $atom->element($element) Function: Sets/gets the element Returns : Returns the element for this atom Args : reference to an Atom charge() Title : charge Usage : $charge = $atom->charge($charge) Function: Sets/gets the charge Returns : Returns the charge for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigx() Title : sigx Usage : $sigx = $atom->sigx($sigx) Function: Sets/gets the sigx Returns : Returns the sigx for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigy() Title : sigy Usage : $sigy = $atom->sigy($sigy) Function: Sets/gets the sigy Returns : Returns the sigy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigz() Title : sigz Usage : $sigz = $atom->sigz($sigz) Function: Sets/gets the sigz Returns : Returns the sigz for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigocc() Title : sigocc Usage : $sigocc = $atom->sigocc($sigocc) Function: Sets/gets the sigocc Returns : Returns the sigocc for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigtemp() Title : sigtemp Usage : $sigtemp = $atom->sigtemp($sigtemp) Function: Sets/gets the sigtemp Returns : Returns the sigtemp for this atom Args : reference to an Atom aniso() Title : aniso Usage : $u12 = $atom->aniso("u12", $u12) Function: Sets/gets the anisotropic temperature factors Returns : Returns the requested factor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom, name of the factor, value for the factor id() Title : id Usage : $atom->id("CZ2") Function: Gets/sets the ID for this atom Returns : the ID Args : the ID _remove_residue() Title : _remove_residue Usage : Function: Removes the Residue this Atom is atttached to. Returns : Args : _grandparent() Title : _grandparent Usage : Function: get/set a symbolic reference to our grandparent Returns : Args : perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)