Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Chunks of bash shell programming Post 302852527 by Corona688 on Wednesday 11th of September 2013 05:34:55 PM
Old 09-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg123
Thanks. I do not have a way to try those codes. In the office, I do not want to try it out in production box. In my personal laptop, I do not even have unix.
I suggest busybox for windows for that problem. Run busybox bash in a CMD prompt and you'll have a fairly complete UNIX shell along with most of the utilities people expect to use with one.

It's not actually UNIX though, so there'll still be some fundamental differences (case-insensitive files, no special device files or named pipes, etc, etc)

Last edited by Corona688; 09-12-2013 at 01:30 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Programming in ksh and not in bash

Hi all.... I was wondering if there is a lot of differences between /bash and ksh programming. Im learning about bash programming, but all what I had read in this forum, points me to learn more about ksh over bash. Is that right and why? Unfortunately, I can’t write ksh progs on my work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TARFU
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help bash programming

how to i grep a keyword which ignore upper case or lower case. for an example : user enter CoUcH and the grep also can grep couch which in text.txt although upper or loever case is different .. how to do that ? any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CheeSen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep'ing and sed'ing chunks in bash... need help on speeding up a log parser.

I have a file that is 20 - 80+ MB in size that is a certain type of log file. It logs one of our processes and this process is multi-threaded. Therefore the log file is kind of a mess. Here's an example: The logfile looks like: "DATE TIME - THREAD ID - Details", and a new file is created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinenbe
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with date command in bash shell programming

Doubt #1 I have a program that I want the user to input date. When the user inputs the date, is it able to format it to system date dd-mm-yyy and then echo the value into a text file? Doubt#2 If the above is not going to work, I tried to have the system date appear in the user input field and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frossie
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Programming

Write a Shell script to analyse the disk usage of students in a particular class. The program should allow the user running the script to input the particular class name (group name) as an argument to the script. The script should create a file called “logfile” in the home directory of the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumdeal2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash programming

how do you allow a user to input a particular group name as an argument?? thnx for your time. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumdeal2
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use a shell script for deleting chunks from a watch folder?

Hello I have a unique problem of needing to delete large files slowly off of an XSan. I was wondering if there is a script I could use to delete 100gb chunks of files and folders that get placed in to a watch folder, slowly so as not to disrupt the other users. I would like to use Automator in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajsoto
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash programming help

Hello all; I have little knowledge of bash programming, and I was wondering if you could help me out. I would like to create a bash script, as detailed below. process.sh is the bash script itself list.dl is a text file. In this text file, the first line is the directory from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tehalexf
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bash Shell Programming assignment.

Please take a look I am stuck on step 4 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: #!/bin/bash ### ULI101 - ASSIGNMENT #2 (PART A) - DUE DATE Wed, Aug 3, 2011, before 12 midnight. ###==================================================================================== ###... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: almirzaee
13 Replies

10. Linux

Bash Programming. Could anyone help me?

Hi! I'm new in bash programming and I need to make an script that reads a txt file line by line (every line is like "Name;FirstLastName;SecondLastName;Sex") and has to give every student 3 random marks, its average and add a counter if they are male/female and if they passed. I've been trying with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HeartHacker
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)