Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to update a Oracle table through shell scripting? Post 302852391 by karthick.cho on Wednesday 11th of September 2013 12:57:28 PM
Old 09-11-2013
How to update a Oracle table through shell scripting?

My Code is
Code:
get_week_date()
{
   `sqlplus -s ${DQM_SQL_LOGON}@${DQM_SID} << EOF
      SET ECHO OFF
   SET FEEDBACK OFF
   SET PAGES 0
   SET SERVEROUTPUT ON
   SET VERIFY OFF
   SET TRIMSPOOL ON
      (update file_level_qc fq set FQ.DATA_FILE_NAME='Hyvee_Pharmacy_Solutions_201304_v1.txt' where FQ.CHECK_NAME = 'HPS_FILE_NAME_CHK');
      (update data_source_master m  set M.FILE_NAME_PATTERN='Hyvee_Pharmacy_Solutions_201304_v1.txt' where M.DATA_SRC_CD=998777);
   /

(commit);
EOF
      `

}
################################################################################
# MAIN FUNCTION
################################################################################

get_week_date

I need to update a table in oracle through .sh script in unix
When i execute the above code it gives me select keyword missing error
Can you help me how to resolve this in order to update a table

Last edited by karthick.cho; 09-12-2013 at 01:49 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

update a oracle table using shell script

Hi, I would like to know how to update a table in Oracle database, if a command in one shell script either successfully completes or it fails.(like Y if its success or N if its a failure) While the command is running,I am able to view the log file created in the Unix machine.After the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann_124
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating a column in oracle table using shell script

Hi friends, i am having a variable declared in .profile.i am changing its value in a shell script and then i am connecting to oracle and then from there i am calling a .sql called update.sql STATUS is the variable declared in the .profile =============================== if sqlplus <<END... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix script for update or insert records from a file to a oracle table

Hi, I have delimited file(|). Sample data: 1|name|50009|DS24|0|12 2|name|30009|DS24|0|13 3|name|20409|DS24|0|14 4|name|20009|DS24|0|15 5|name|10009|DS24|0|16 I want to load this data into a oracle table (update and insert) Please help me the commands and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To update a column in a table through shell script

Hi All, I need to write a shell script in UNIX that should accept booking number as an argument and update it with value "NULL" if the transaction date is greater than 2 years. Booking number and transaction_date are the two columns of the table table_booking. Something like this, through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a table using shell scripting

Hi Can we create a rectangular table as i have attached in the query . This is primarily for populating the created table with data gathered . Hope I made myself clear ... Pls suggest Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to export data from Oracle table .

Hi, I want to write a shell script which will export data from oracle table . I don't want to save that data . I want the queries . Right now i am right clicking on the table and clicking on export as to my desktop . Please let me know if any one have any idea . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help in populating output in table using shell scripting

Below is my code where i tried using table tag to print out put in table but its not working #!/bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1";... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i populate the record in to table using shell scripting?

LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( echo "From: $pzFrom\nTo: $pzTo\nSubject: $pzTitle${pzReplyTo:+\nReply-To: $pzReplyTo}" ] && echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
1 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Creation of Oracle table through shell scripting

Hi, I am trying to create a table through shell scripting . I used a command sqlplus -s to connect to sqlplus and user as sysdba. but there is a problem in it. can anyone please solve this . #!/bin/bash $(`sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<eof create table sample (id,int); insert into sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level MT-Safe | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)