Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Strange behaviour of arrays in awk Post 302852359 by disedorgue on Wednesday 11th of September 2013 11:22:59 AM
Old 09-11-2013
(If i understand your question):
If your first bloc is false, your second is execute, this is like:
Code:
$ cat te_ak 
XX_1_YY
XX_2_YY
XX_3_YY
XX_4_YY
XX_5_YY
XX_6_YY
XX_7_YY
XX_8_YY
XX_9_YY
XX_10_YY
$ awk -F_ 'code[$1_$2]{ print }; END{ for (i in code) print "code[" i "]=" code[i]} ' te_ak 
code[XX9]=
code[XX1]=
code[XX2]=
code[XX3]=
code[XX4]=
code[XX5]=
code[XX10]=
code[XX6]=
code[XX7]=
code[XX8]=

Regards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

/etc/passwd strange behaviour!

Hi there, first of all, here is my conf of a uname -a Linux SAMBA 2.4.18-4GB #1 Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002 i686 unknown on a fedora machine. Here is my problem: every once in a while, the line containing root disappears in the /etc/passwd, disabling all logging on my server. Any one have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Strange Behaviour!!!

Can some-one give me a view to this : I have a directory in an unix server, having permissions r-xr-xr-x .This directory is basically a source directory. Now there is another directory basically the destination directory which has all the permissions. Note:I log in as not the owner,but user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange sed behaviour

$ echo a.bc | sed -e "s/\|/\\|/g" |a|.|b|c| $ Is the behavior of the sed statement expected ? Or is this a bug in sed ? OS details Linux 2.6.9-55.0.0.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 2 14:59:56 PDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Program behaviour

Had a strange thing going on with my code. It's ok I figured it out for myself.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrpugster
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange behaviour from sed???

Hi all, I want to do a very simple thing with sed. I want to print out the line number of a disk I have defined in /etc/exports, so I do: It's all good, but here's the problem. When I define md0 in a variable, I get nothing from sed: Why is that? can anybody please help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Strange login behaviour

Hi all, I am using HP-UX and I have just noticed that when I log into the network it seems to save the previous windows that were subsequently closed on previous occasions. Does anyone know when I log in, it seems to display these previous windows, e.g. nedit windows open again? Does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Crontab strange behaviour

Hi all, I'm having this scenario which for the moment I cannot resolve. :( I wrote a script to make a dump/export of the oracle database. and then put this entry on crontab to be executed daily for example. The script is like below: cat /home/oracle/scripts/db_backup.sh #!/bin/ksh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enux
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange behaviour when output to terminal vs file (awk)

Hi all ! I noticed something very weird. I have a large pipe delimited file (20 fields/3,000 records) that looks like that: AAA|BBB|11111|22222|...|($NF of record 1) CCC|DDD|33333|44444|...|($NF of record 2) CCC|DDD|55555|66666|...|($NF of record 3) For the lines with same 1st and 2nd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Strange behaviour in AIX

Can someone please explain the strange behaviour.. I was just trying a few things to learn awk.. in the below code when I start the braces in the same line, the output is as expected, when I start at next line, output is displayed twice. Please see the file, code I tried and output below. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kulasekar
2 Replies
ExtUtils::Typemaps::OutputMap(3pm)			 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			ExtUtils::Typemaps::OutputMap(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::Typemaps::OutputMap - Entry in the OUTPUT section of a typemap SYNOPSIS
use ExtUtils::Typemaps; ... my $output = $typemap->get_output_map('T_NV'); my $code = $output->code(); $output->code("..."); DESCRIPTION
Refer to ExtUtils::Typemaps for details. METHODS
new Requires "xstype" and "code" parameters. code Returns or sets the OUTPUT mapping code for this entry. xstype Returns the name of the XS type of the OUTPUT map. cleaned_code Returns a cleaned-up copy of the code to which certain transformations have been applied to make it more ANSI compliant. targetable This is an obscure optimization that used to live in "ExtUtils::ParseXS" directly. In a nutshell, this will check whether the output code involves calling "set_iv", "set_uv", "set_nv", "set_pv" or "set_pvn" to set the special $arg placeholder to a new value AT THE END OF THE OUTPUT CODE. If that is the case, the code is eligible for using the "TARG"-related macros to optimize this. Thus the name of the method: "targetable". If the optimization can not be applied, this returns undef. If it can be applied, this method returns a hash reference containing the following information: type: Any of the characters i, u, n, p with_size: Bool indicating whether this is the sv_setpvn variant what: The code that actually evaluates to the output scalar what_size: If "with_size", this has the string length (as code, not constant) SEE ALSO
ExtUtils::Typemaps AUTHOR
Steffen Mueller "<smueller@cpan.org"> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Steffen Mueller This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 ExtUtils::Typemaps::OutputMap(3pm)