Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem after updating the firmware! Post 302852217 by Mohannad on Wednesday 11th of September 2013 01:29:10 AM
Old 09-11-2013
It is standalone system, not connected to HMC, and not LPAR.

Now I have some updates, the server is running, not the problem in the Network! I can't ping, ssh, telnet it.
I checked its network configuration and it is correct!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in updating .profile file in HP-UX B.11.00 machine

Hello All, I am using a HP-UX machine and I want to update the .profile file so that after login to my userID that will be applicable to my ID also. What I am trying to do is : In .profile file I am trying to write in /home/userID folder: export PATH=$PATH:$HOME:. so that whenever I will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek0071
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating System Firmware

Alright we have a strange problem that i never encountered. We have a V445 Sun Fire we are trying to install it via a tadpole laptop (jumpstart laptop) the v445 takes the flash just fine, but we get an error upon reboot saying unable to locate boot device. Well our SUN guru said we need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

4. Solaris

Error updating Firmware in X4500

I have X4500 machine with solaris 10 OS and software version 5.10. The firmware version is 1.1.1 and I am planning to upgrade the firmware. C H A P T E R 1 - Flash Upgrading Your Server to Software Release 1.2 I referred to the above link to do so. But, I do not understand what is the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with Upgrading firmware on X4500

I have X4500 running solaris 10 with 5.10 version. The ILOM version is 1.1.1 and I want to upgrade the firmware. I setup the TFTP server on my machine using the following link. A P P E N D I X C - Updating the Firmware I could install the tftp server and could transfer a file as well. When I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
1 Replies

6. BSD

Firewall Build: Problem Updating, Patching

In building a firewall, I need to update and patch the operating system after the initial install. However, the compiler and sources should never be on a firewall PC. So what is the best way to do this ? This firewall PC has 2 identical drives; I was thinking of performing 2 installs, updating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsuuber
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Executing Firmware Command using Shell Script

Guys, I have a script that should change one of the configuration Parameter in a http accelerator, this config change which will halt http traffic into device. So I have designed a script which should do these changes. But after executing this script, found that one of the input variable is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
8 Replies

8. AIX

Problem updating AIX 4.3.3 ML0 to ML11 - Error 0503-248

I am trying to apply Maintenance Level 11 to one of our older AIX machines that is currently at ML0. When I try to install the bos.rte.install for ML11 it gives the error 0503-248 stating: Verifying requisites... 0503-248 installp: Error: A fileset has parts that are different from one or more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DMcNutt
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

HP UX firmware

Does unix servers need firmware updation regularly for smooth functioning? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjeeteast
2 Replies
nissetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       nissetup(8)

NAME
nissetup, ypsetup - Sets up the Network Information Service (NIS) environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/nissetup /usr/sbin/ypsetup DESCRIPTION
The nissetup (formerly ypsetup) script configures and runs NIS on your system. You can use nissetup to initially set up your NIS configura- tion, to change your current NIS configuration, or to remove your NIS configuration. NIS provides a distributed data lookup service for sharing data among networked systems. Before running nissetup, make sure that your system is connected to a local area network and that the network is configured and running. You must know the name of your NIS domain and your system's role in the domain (master server, slave server, or client). Security Note You invoke nissetup from the SysMan Menu. See sysman(8) for more information. When using the nissetup script to set up a NIS server that is running with enhanced security, you must answer yes to the question about locking the domain name and authorized servers (the ypbind -S option). If you are setting up a master server, the server is bound to itself (done by default). If you are setting up a slave server, the server is bound to itself done by default) and optionally to the master server and any other slave servers. If your system will be the master server for your NIS domain, be sure no other master exists for your domain and that the NIS database files are in the /var/yp/src directory. Note Remove the root entry, if it exists, from the passwd database file. If your system be will be a slave server or client, be sure a master server is already set up for your NIS domain. FILES
Specifies the command pathname NIS parameters pertinent to a specific system Default NIS Databases In the /var/yp/src directory, the default databases are: Group database Host database Sendmail alias database Network group aliases data- base Network database Password database Protocol database RPC database Service database SEE ALSO
Commands: domainname(1), ypwhich(1), svcsetup(8), sysman(8), sysman_station(8), ypbind(8), yppasswdd(8), ypserv(8), ypxfr(8) Files: svc.conf(4) Networking: nis_intro(7), nis_manual_setup(7) Network Administration nissetup(8)