Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to dynamically name as function in shell? Post 302852063 by jonnyd on Tuesday 10th of September 2013 11:55:58 AM
Old 09-10-2013
hmm. appending a parameter to a function name is not proving easy.

Ideally I just need 1 script rather than several.

I am getting a little confused.

i would call the script in the following way:
Code:
bash myscript SERVICE_NAME

In my script I have:

Code:
export SERVICE_NAME=$1

function tnsrec_${SERVICE_NAME} {

..lines of code

}

Last edited by jonnyd; 09-10-2013 at 01:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Managing dynamically multiple shell

I want to launch some shell scripts. I would have the possibility to change the number of shell scripts launched dynamically by modifying a variable, or a configuration file. For example, I start to launch 4 scripts at the same time, and after that, by modifying a variable, 6 scripts are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzo38
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script dynamically case in VAR

Hallo, I am working on a kdialog. This shall be able to load the required commands from a .conf file. First step runs good by loading the entries (selectabel entries) in a variable: MIRRORSELECT=$(kdialog --radiolist "Select your nearest mirror" $VAR1) The kdialog is accordingly correct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ACTGADE
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically creating text files using shell script

Hi All, I want to create a shell script which dynamically create text files. i am using the following script $i=1 while do cat > test_$i.txt done but while running the script it was stopping(the cursor not going to next step, i have to enter ctrl+c to make it stop). it is creating only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
2 Replies

4. Programming

C function call dynamically

Hi. I need help with a C/C++ question and i hope someone can help me or give me some ideas. Is possible to build a function C/C++ call dynamically? I.e, i have an array with pointer functions and these functions can have different number of parameters and types. These parameters and their... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically adding values in c-shell

I am needing to create a variable(changing) and assign it a value(changing) ... I am using C-Shell.. Example: foreach account in ($Accountlist) set account_connect = "$account/$account_pass" end I want to make set account_connect to store various values ? $account_connect did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create the files dynamically in c shell script

how can i CREATE a txt file dynamically in c shell: for instance: #! /bin/csh for each i (*) cat>file$i.txt for each j do .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script variable names created dynamically

Hi, I'm trying to use a config file to define frequencies for checking log files. If the config file contains a frequency it will be used else a default value. The format of the config file (and hence the environment variable) is FREQ_log_logname=value A test shell script as below:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u671296
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Putting query result dynamically to one cell of table from shell

I have to send a data in mail table format.only one cell need to get dynamically from query. my code is like (echo '<table boarder="1"> echo '<tr><td>stock</td><td>/path</td><td>.........</td></tr>' echo '</table> )sendmail.. in ......... I am trying to get query result.By putting query... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meera_123
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to Dynamically Pass Parameter to plsql Function & Capture its Output Value in a Shell Variable?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #! /bin/ksh v="ORG_ID" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujitdas2104
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to apply functions to multiple columns dynamically

Hello, I have a requirement to apply hashing algorithm on flat file on one or more columns dynamically based on header sample input file ID|NAME|AGE|GENDER 10|ABC|30|M 20|DEF|20|F say if i want multiple columns based on the header example id,name or id,age or name,gender and hash and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkathi
13 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)