Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl telnet
Top Forums Programming Perl telnet Post 302851997 by IvanMP on Tuesday 10th of September 2013 08:55:02 AM
Old 09-10-2013
I have clear connection from cmd ... i can get to in any switch ... the port is default 23, i have no problems connecting from cmd or any other host like linux or from another switch or router to the switch

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for telnet

Is it possible to write a Perl script that will attempt to telnet to multiple servers and login to each one? We have numerous servers and on occasion we are unable to connect. I'd like to be more proactive and have a script that runs every 30 minutes and attempts to login and then will send an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl telnet to cisco router and compare the ping ms

All Please help, i will telnet to router to obain the ping status and compare, if higher than normal latency, i will have further action.. if i do the telent and in perl script then .... e.g the result i obtain from the router will be =' Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: optimus
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

4. AIX

Automation from Windows to Linux - Telnet and su using perl

Here is my requirement to automate the deployment procedure for my project. Telnet to AIX box (say SERVER1) from windows machine (with USER1) Select the server to login say "SERVER2" su as different user say "USER2"(Owner of the deployed files) Execute the script (Script has so many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nurainos
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help on Telnet using PERL Scripting

Iam trying to connect to a system through Telnet using net::Telnet Module #!/usr/bin/perl -w use net::Telnet $myPassword = "abcdef"; $telnet = new Net::Telnet ( Timeout=>10, Errmode=>'die'); $telnet->open (10.10.20.00); $telnet->waitfor ('/USERCODE: $/i'); $telnet->print('abc');... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Net::Telnet in Perl to connect to an adsl modem

Hello, First of all, congratulations on this forum! Very mice material! This is my fist thread and it has to do with connecting to an adsl modem and executing some commands. Heres what I do: $username = 'admin'; $passwd = 'admin'; $telnet = new Net::Telnet ( Timeout=>10,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravendark
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

silent telnet and ssh using perl

Hi Experts, I use perl telnet and ssh for normal tasks and health checks. everything works fine but i would like to run scripts silently and print only data as i wish to. by silent i mean.no banners /no prompts/ nothing. I will format data before i print it on screen. just formatted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl telnet issue with cisco

Hi Experts, I am using perl to telnet on cisco boxes. We have this stupid cisco node which does not support "terminal Length0" command. Since I am using Net::Telnet and capturing output with @output = $telnet->cmd('cmd'); Say @output = $telnet->cmd('show version'); Now problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Perl telnet Script

Hi... Iam running the following Perl Script for telnet and running the commands.The script is exited without any errors.But the telnet commands are not executed,Please help me to resolve my problem. My telnet session #telnet 9.121.61.2 2013 Trying 9.121.61.2... Connected to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_blr
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Telnet cisco routers

Hi all i have little problem finding solution about simple telnet script .... i have 250 routers and on some i have different password and on some they ask just for password no username. So for example 1,2,3 have username and password (user,password) 4, and 5 have different username and password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IvanMP
0 Replies
telnetrc(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       telnetrc(4)

NAME
telnetrc, .telnetrc - Specifies setup commands for a telnet session SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.telnetrc DESCRIPTION
The .telnetrc file contains the setup information for a telnet session. It is a hidden file in your home directory and must be readable by the user logging in. The file can consist of multiple entries for each remote host to which a user can connect. A remote host entry consists of multiple lines. The first line is the name of a remote host. The subsequent lines must begin with blank spaces, and contain telnet subcommands. These sub- commands are processed as though they were typed in manually. Lines beginning with a number sign (#) are comment lines. See telnet(1) for a complete list of telnet subcommands. To specify subcommands that apply to all systems, create an entry, using the word "DEFAULT" as the system name, and specify the telnet sub- commands in the subsequent lines. EXAMPLES
The following shows a sample .telnetrc file: # Beginning of telnetrc file # Default subcommands that apply to all systems DEFAULT environ undefine USER # First system entry system1 set echo toggle crlf # Second system entry system2 set echo mode line toggle crlf FILES
User-customized telnet startup values. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: telnet(1). delim off telnetrc(4)