Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy files with pattern from ext4 to cifs file system Post 302851965 by cero on Tuesday 10th of September 2013 07:21:02 AM
Old 09-10-2013
Replace the colon with a allowed character, for example a dot:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for i in TOUT_05-02-13*; do
   cp -av $i Windows/Folder/${i//:/.}
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a file from a dvd to the local AIX file system

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX, so please bear with me. I have mounted a dvd drive on AIX. I am trying to copy the file that is on the dvd drive on to the local machine. However, I get an error: cp: c1m_0001.gz: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. Can some one point me to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurag1510
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ext4 - ready for production system?

Gidday, Are you using ext4 for production system? Or is it better to opt for a more conservative strategy, like ext3 for instance? What are your experiences? Thanks in advance, Loïc. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loic Domaigne
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CIFS file system check.

I have written a script to take backup of linux data on window's shared folder. I have used following method in my script. mount -t cifs <windowshare> -o username=username,password=myPassword <mountlocation> However most of linux system doesnt support CIFS filesystem. How would i check if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy, then delete lines in file with sed using a pattern

I need to copy lines to a new file from files with sed using a pattern in char postions 1-3. Then after the copy, I need to delete those same lines from the input files. For example, string "ABC" in pos 1-3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laksjfhoius9123
6 Replies

5. AIX

Copy huge files system

Dear Guy’s By using dd command or any strong command, I’d like to copy huge data from file system to another file system Sours File system: /sfsapp File system has 250 GB of data Target File system: /tgtapp I’d like to copy all these files and directories from /sfsapp to /tgtapp as... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
28 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the pattern and copy in to the file

my qn is i have one file hex.txt.it contains some junk data and some hexa valueslike hex.txt sdfjhjkh 0x1233jkfhgjfhgajk;gha 0xacdd jkgahfjkgha;sjghajklgha;gh aghfjkgh;a 0xccc jhfjkhsd ox23cd 0x456 jkhdfjhjkafh like this now iwant a script like to separate the hex values and paste into the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.hardwork
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy/print all lines between pattern is found in .log files

Hi, I have a folder with multiple (< 33) .log files. And I have to copy the lines between two patterns from all the .log files to a new file. (script file with a loop?) Thanks in advance. 1.log ... .. xx1> begin ... .. .. >>> Total: 2 Alarms .. .. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy data to new file based on input pattern

Hi All, I want to create a new file based on certain conditions and copy only those conditioned data to new file. Input Data is as it looks below. ORDER|Header|Add|32|32|1616 ORDER|Details1......... ORDER|Details2......... ORDER|Details3......... ORDER|Details4............ (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: grvk101
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy pattern inside the file

Hi all, I have files and have a missing record. I need copy the existing record and mark those values up. For example in the below file 11048 is missing. I need to copy 22001 and copy those create the values for 11048. I have 120 set of files and I need to do that on all files. Note the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)