Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Firefox updated when Never Check for updates selected Post 302851879 by cokedude on Tuesday 10th of September 2013 02:00:33 AM
Old 09-10-2013
Firefox updated when Never Check for updates selected

Can anyone explain how Firefox updated when Never Check for updates is selected?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

unix updates- Where can I find unix updates online for IBM servers?

I have a Unix based server running Sagitta and the server is giving me an error of 4b10004 and my research tells me this is an EPROM issue, which means the processor needs to be flashed or repaired. Once up and running where can I go to get updates for Unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crainer
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to do selected copy

I need to copy the files from one dir to another dir based on sysdate, like cp -> (sysdate-n) filename -> to -> new dir n = 1,2,3.............. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbasan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to print selected fields of selected lines by AWK

I am trying to print 1st, 2nd, 13th and 14th fields of a file of line numbers from 29 to 10029. I dont know how to put this in one code. Currently I am removing the selected lines by awk 'NR==29,NR==10029' File1 > File2 and then doing awk '{print $1, $2, $13, $14}' File2 > File3 Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to check if the file is getting updated or not

#!/bin/sh #set -x Current_Date=`date +"%b %e"` Filepmdate=`ls -ltr /file/ | tail -5 | awk '{print $6,$7}'` if ; then echo " " exit 0 else echo "Log files are not updated please check" exit 0 fi done > sh -x l12.sh + + date +%b %e Current_Date=Aug... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arch12
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Script to check Active URL in Firefox

Hey guys, currently I'm struggling with a little script to check an active URL in my running Firefox. What I'm doing: I'm running a low VPS with about 768mb RAM and Ubuntu on it. I only installed Fluxbox + Firefox to it in order to keep the resource consumption as low as possible. I think i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: uniflow
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX idea needed to check the logs updated date and time

Hi with the help of Gabriel canepa, i have just edited filename only in his code. The help which i got and he helped is 1) I have around 22 logs and each log should be updated in the last 24 hours from the current timestamp. 2) It should check for ERROR message (not error,Error) in the log and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to check that rpcbind/portmap on AIX allowes updates from non privileged ports?

Hi, I am trying to implement a service on AIX based on ONCRPC protocal and I want to use a RPC library called oncrpc4j because it is a non-blocked i/o library. I found it works fine on my work machine (WIndows 7) but failed on my AIX work station. The author of oncrpc4j told me that check that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derekhsu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redhat check when package was updated

Is there a way to check when a package was updated on your redhat system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies
FIREFOX(1)							Linux User's Manual							FIREFOX(1)

NAME
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser SYNOPSIS
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. USAGE
firefox is a simple shell script that will set up the environment for the actual executable. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module X11 options --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Firefox options -h, -help Show summary of options. -height value Set height of startup window to value. -width value Set width of startup window to value. -v, -version Print /usr/bin/firefox-bin version. -CreateProfile profile Create profile. -P profile Start with profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -contentLocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -remote command Execute command in an already running Firefox process. For more info, see: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html -no-remote Don't try to control an already running instance. -jsconsole Start with Javascript Console -chrome url Load the specified chrome. -new-window url Open URL in a new window if Firefox is already running. -new-tab url Open URL in a new tab if Firefox is already running. -preferences Open Firefox preferences menu. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. FILES /usr/bin/firefox - shell script wrapping firefox /usr/lib/firefox/firefox - firefox executable VERSION
3.0 BUGS
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ SEE ALSO
mozilla(1) AUTHORS
The Mozilla Organization http://www.mozilla.org/about.html firefox January 04, 2006 FIREFOX(1)