Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract data from log file in specified range of time Post 302851659 by kingk110 on Monday 9th of September 2013 12:34:53 PM
Old 09-09-2013
no differences between the code you post and mine

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell-script which extract data from log file

give me a shell-script which extract data from log file on a server by giving date and time as input (for both start time and end time) and it will give the logs generated during the given time as output. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file from or after the specific date

Hi , I am having a script which will start a process and appends the process related logs to a log file. The log file writes logs with every line starting with date in the format of: date +"%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S". So, in the script, before I start the process, I am storing the date as DATE=`date +"%Y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to extract data from the range of date

Hi All, I'm still a newbie in perl programming. I have a data below say in test.tmp The output in test.tmp will be the same data as above sample in test.tmp . So after i get all the 4th column data within the range of month and year i need, then i will use the foreach () code to execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miskin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make a log file of extract time

Dear All, Please apology to me if this question already posted, because I try to find it but not found. I have make bash script to automatically download data from ftp and this running very well. and after the data downloaded it will automatically extract the data and keep in the specific... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenboly
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range of data from a log file .

I am having a log file in which i need a range of data from specific date range. $cat my.log Jan 07 15:39:03 N/A _M_LocalDirectory listFiles(): listing files from dir Jan 07 15:39:03 N/A _w_fm_log:_f_Push() _w_fm_log_export_ftppush(): Files f Jan 07 05:58:35 N/A _w_fm_log_autoexport ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract data from a log file.

If I have a log like : Mon Jul 19 05:07:34 2010; TCP; eth3; 52 bytes; from abc to def Mon Jul 19 05:07:35 2010; UDP; eth3; 46 bytes; from aaa to bbb Mon Jul 19 05:07:35 2010; TCP; eth3; 52 bytes; from def to ghi I will need an output like this : Time abc to def... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hitha87
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extract from XML Log File

Please help me out to extract the Data from the XML Log files. So here is the data ERROR|2010-08-26 00:05:52,958|SERIAL_ID=128279996|ST=2010-08-2600:05:52|DEVICE=113.2.21.12:601|TYPE=TransactionLog... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract information from two files with data range

Hi, I want to make a query about extracting data from two files that both have data ranges. the data that i want to extract; when there is matching between file1 column 2 is equal to file2 column2 , and file1 column 3 and column 4 is within the range of file2 columns 3 and 4. I would like rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: houkto
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in a log file within a time range (hour)

Hi, im trying to write a grep script that returns me the last inputs added in the last hour in the log file. Literally i have nothing yet but: grep 'Line im looking for' LOGFILE.log | tail -1 this only gives me the last input, but no necessarily from the last hour. Help Please. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file within specified time

So, we have a script, that is supposed to have a couple of functions like showing number of failed connections, recieved bytes per IP-address, and so on. We are supposed to be able to limit the number of results to either 0-24 hours or X days back from the last data in the log file. Everything... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plumpen
3 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)