Visit Our UNIX and Linux User Community

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Duplicated file names with home directory symbol appearing in ls . Post 302851629 by Hijanoqu on Monday 9th of September 2013 11:35:33 AM
Old 09-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
There are no duplicates.

what is not the same as what~.

Code:
[scott@kvm ~]$ touch what what~
[scott@kvm ~]$ ls -li what*
23655 -rw-rw-r--. 1 scott scott 0 Sep  6 17:51 what
23477 -rw-rw-r--. 1 scott scott 0 Sep  6 17:51 what~

~ is not so much a "home directory symbol" as it is a tilde that just happens to also serve that purpose.

Note: Moved thread from Red Hat forum
Oh thanks for the clarification. But why would there be the presence of 'what~' after I created the txt file 'what' ?

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #800
Difficulty: Medium
In the system with radix 13, for example, a string of digits such as 398 denotes the (decimal) number 632.
True or False?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory names in a flat file

Hi, Consider a flat file abc.conf contains some rows. Each row contains the directory name with full path. now I want to find a particular file in every directory which are mentioned in the abc.conf file. How it can be done through unix shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change All File Names in a Directory

Hi, If I have a directory full of say 100 random files, and I would like to organize them, for example: FILE001, FILE002, FILE003, FILE004, etc. How would I do this from Terminal, instead of manually changing each file? I'm using Mac OS X, if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
8 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Strange files keep appearing in my home directory

Hi everyone, really strange files keep appearing in my home directory. I have absolutely no idea where they come from and I'm a little concerned that they could come from some kind of malware activity or Firefox exploit. I searched Google for parts of the file names but without a result. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: schallstrom
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file names in the directory?

I am having n files in a directory i want to read all the file names from the script file .It is better if any one provide a sample script. Elaborating the scenario: i am having n number of sql files in a directory i am running all the sql files from a single script. sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for config file in home directory first??

hi, i have written a shell script inside which i am using a pgp command to encrypt a file. when pgp command is run , there is a /.pgp/pgp.cfg file in my home directory. i logged into the unix server with my userid, when i run the script from the command prompt, pgp is successful, since i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List Directory names which have the file

Hi All, Can any one help me to list out the directory names which contain the specified file. See for example File name : file.201307014.LKT Have the directory structure as below. /app/work/data/INDIA/file.201307014.LKT /app/work/data/AMERICA/file.201307014.KTP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file names on directory

Dears, Would you please help on following bash script: I want to get the most recent file named alfaYYYYMMDD.gz in one directory: for example: in directory /tmp/ ls -ltr alfa20130715.gz holding.gz alfa20130705.gz sart.txt merge.txt.gz alfa20130802.gz my result shoud be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxsub
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Renaming the file names in a directory

Hi, I have about 60 files in a directory and need to rename those files. For example the file names are i_can_phone_yymmdd.txt (where yymmdd is the date. i.e 170420 etc) i_usa_phone_1_yymmdd.txt i_eng_phone_4_yymmdd.txt The new file names should be phone.txt phone_1.txt phone_4.txt I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies
policy-spf.peruser(5)						File Formats Manual					     policy-spf.peruser(5)

NAME
python-policyd-spf - pure-Python Postfix policy daemon for SPF checking VERSION
1.0 USAGE
Usage: policyd-spf [/etc/policyd-spf/policyd-spf.conf] OTHER DOCUMENTATION
This documentation assumes you have read Postfix's README_FILES/ SMTPD_POLICY_README and are generally familiar with Sender Policy Frame- work (SPF). See RFC 4408 for details. man 1 policyd-spf provides general operation documentation for this package. See man 5 policyd-spf.conf for configuration file information. SYNOPSIS
python-policyd-spf operates with a default installed configuration file and set of default configuration options that are used if the con- figuration file cannot be found. These options can be changed by changing the installed configuration files or through giving a path to an alternate configuration file. Additionally, different configurations can be provided on a per user basis. This man page describes setup and user of per user (mail recipient) configurations. Currently these configurations can either be stored in a text file or a Berkeley DB (libdb) datase. If there is sufficient interest, other data storage methods may be supported in the future. DESCRIPTION
Use of per-user configuration is defined in the application configuration file with the setting "Per_User". The value of the setting gives the type and location of the per-user configuration information. Currently supported types are text and bsddb. User is defined an email address of a recipient of the message. All options available at the application level (See man 5 policyd-spf.conf) can be adjusted on a per-user basis. Per-user checks can only be done as part of smtpd_recipient_restrictions. Per-user actions are not possible at other stages of the SMTP dialogue. The user is not yet known for smtpd_client_restrictions, smtpd_helo_restrictions, or smtpd_sender_restrictions. If used during smtpd_data_restrictions or smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions, the entire message will be available only if the message was only to a single recipient. If per-user con- figurations are used when recipient information is not available, warnings will be logged and the per-user information will be ignored. In addition to specifying individual users, regular expression matching is also available, but may have performance implications since the entire user table has to be traversed for each message recipient. OPTIONS
Text Per-User Configuration File The text file option is useful for testing and when only a small number of users require per-user configurations. It is specified in the main configuration file: "Per_User = text,/etc/pypolicyd-spf/userconf" Lines beginning with "#" are treated as comments and ignored. The location of the file is determined by the system administrator. No default file is provided in or installed by the package. The configuration of the file is a comma separated combination of user and configuration information, with one line per user's configura- tion information (NOTE: due to man page formating requirements, these lines are wrapped - in the config file, it must be one line per user): postmaster@example.com,Mail_From_reject=No_Check|PermError_reject=False|HELO_reject=SPF_Not_Pass|defaultSeedOnly=1|debu- gLevel=5|skip_addresses=127.0.0.0/8,::ffff:127.0.0.0//104,::1//128|TempError_Defer=False strict@example.com,PermEr- ror_rejec=True|HELO_reject=SPF_Not_Pass|TempError_Defer=True It is not necessary to specify all configuration parameters for each user, only those that are different than the overall configuration need to be specified. If the specified per user configuration file is missing, an error is logged and the global configuration is used instead. SEE ALSO
man 1 policyd-spf, man 5 policyd-spf.conf, python-spf, <http://www.openspf.org>, RFC 4408 AUTHORS
This version of pypolicyd-spf was written by Copyright (C) 2007-2011, Scott Kitterman <scott@kitterman.com>. It is derived from Tum- greyspf, written by Sean Reifschneider, tummy.com, ltd <jafo@tummy.com>. This man-page was created by Scott Kitterman <scott@kitterman.com>. 2012-03-17 policy-spf.peruser(5)

Featured Tech Videos