Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with cron schedule
Operating Systems HP-UX Help with cron schedule Post 302851615 by davexxash on Monday 9th of September 2013 11:12:34 AM
Old 09-09-2013
Thanks All. Good feedback. Say i do it via 'at' do you have any command references to hand? maybe an idiots guide thats better than the MAN page? Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

schedule many jobs using cron

HI, I need to schedule a no.of jobs using the cron facility. I currently do two kinds of scheduling,one based on the database load(after the database is loaded the program will start) and the other is based on time.....(say 10.00a.m daily) the problem is.......... When the database is loaded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sireesha15
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to schedule in cron

the follwing script is running fine , when run from the ksh shell...it runs properly i.e. waits for a file "test.flag" and sends mail accordingly. But when I schedule it in the crontab ...it does not run at the specified time (it never runs). I am using ksh ####shell script starts count=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace@123
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron schedule for ever other week

I have cron scheduing that after hotbackup omniback kicks in and back up tape. 00 17 * * * /usr/local/bin/archbakPRD/mainPRDbackup.sh > /usr/local/bin/archbakPRD/dbfcopy.log 2 >&1 above cron can fired every night at 5PM but omnibackup need to have seperate name for each backup ( i.e:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul.S
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Prstat Cron Schedule

Hi , I am trying to set up a cron job for getting the prstats for every 10 minutes to a log file. prstat -s cpu -n 20 > a.txt The issue is when i try to execute this command, a.txt is filling up with data for every second which is not i wanted.I just need top 20 processes for every 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule without cron

Hi, How to write the recursive function. I have a script, #!/usr/bin/ksh ## name=$1 outputfile='output.log' sqlplus -s > ${outputfile} <<__END__ ${USER}/${PASS}@${DB} WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE ROLLBACK WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT FAILURE ROLLBACK SET ECHO ON SET SERVEROUTPUT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a Cron job

Hi all, I am new to cron jobs.. i wanted to schedule a cron job that wil send a mail to me at 3:00PM on 10th August ie is on Wednesday. 0 15 10 8 3 echo "message from UNIX here"|mail -s "your subject here" user@user.com However this was not executed... Can anyone please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule a cron job

Hi, Can anyone help me out with scheduling a cron job for the below: i wnated to delete file from a folder on every sunday at 05:00 AM this is code i have used. ******************************************************* 0 05 * * 0 find /abc/xyz/pqrs/bak/ -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule a job without Cron

Hi All, Is there any way (any utility) to schedule a job to run once in a week on RedHat Linux ? Note- Do not using Crontab. Thanks Pravin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron job is not running on schedule

Scheduled job is not running on time.but it is running when executing same command manually. 25 10 * * * /code/bin/ACCOUNT.ksh 1 >/dev/null 2 >&1 Manually executing the same Ksh -x /code/bin/ACCOUNT.ksh 1 >/dev/null 2 >&1 Followed steps Crontab -e Added the job to cron tab. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Myguest
4 Replies
yum-cron(8)															       yum-cron(8)

NAME
yum-cron - an interface to convieniently call yum from cron SYNOPSIS
yum-cron [config-file] DESCRIPTION
yum-cron is an alternate interface to yum that is optimised to be convenient to call from cron. It provides methods to keep repository metadata up to date, and to check for, download, and apply updates. Rather than accepting many different command line arguments, the dif- ferent functions of yum-cron can be accessed through config files. config-file is used to optionally specify the path to the configuration file to use. If it is not given, the default configuration file will be used. It is useful to be able to specify different configuration files for different use cases. For example, one configuration file might be set to update the repository metadata, and a line could be added to the crontab to run yum-cron frequently using this file. Then, another configuration file might be set to install updates, and yum-cron could be run from cron using this file just once each day. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-cron.conf /etc/yum/yum-cron-hourly.conf SEE ALSO
yum (8) AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, you should email the mailing list, yum@lists.baseurl.org, or consult bugzilla. Nick Jacek yum-cron(8)