Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems sending an attached file with uuencode Post 302851577 by joeyg on Monday 9th of September 2013 10:13:16 AM
Old 09-09-2013
Sounds like a carriage return/line feed issue

This is common when transferring files to/from PC-based systems. Are you opening the file on a PC (your email)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems sending Mail

Hello everybody I already read all the posts about "how to send email" but i dont find the solution, i need to send a mail via commands. Into the mail i need to attach a file.txt how can i do that? Thanx. Lestat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

uuencode: command not found when sending mail in LINUX

HI all, When i run this command below i get this error: (cat /root/body.txt ; uuencode -m Summaryfile.zip) | mailx -s "completed" sandeep@help.com bash: uuencode: command not found Does anyone know why this is happening? Or is there any alternative to send mail with an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email recipient problems with uuencode attachments

Most of my email attachments are fine, but some recipients get the email with the uuencode attachment included as "text" at the end of the body of the message. Has anybody seen this? It seems to happen most with yahoo, msn and other freebie email addresses. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dave Miller
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail problems -- with sending mail

Hello, I am C. and I would like to send mail with Sendmail to my hotmail-account. But this doesn't work, the mail always returns in the file: /var/spool/mail/root. Probably there is something wrong with my SmartHost. I configured it like: define ( 'SMART_HOST','smtp.direct-adsl.be') -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caroline
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed a html file in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx?

How to embed a html file as subject in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx or any other way? we do not want the file as attachment, it should be embedded in the mail subject. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending multiple files along with mail message using uuencode

Hi, I have a requirement to send a mail with multiple files attached to it and along with the text message in the mail. I am trying sumthing like below but it only sends me the text message and no files attached to the mail. ---------------------------------------- ( uuencode file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email with a body and attachments using uuencode

Hi, Im having a bit of an issue with using the uuencode command and sending out an email. My aim is to send an email out which has a body and also have attachments. Currently I can either get one or the other and not both on the same email. uuencode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment with email without using uuencode and mutt

Hi All, do we have any option for sending attachment with email except using uuencode and mutt, because if i use these utilities then i will have to install them separately which is not feasible at time. please suggest on this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending multiple files using uuencode command

Hi All, I want to send multiple CSV file using below code. In Result folder, we have multiple CSV files. However, I want to catch only Summary CSV files. I was trying using *, % with different combination. However, not able to do so. From below code, I could send only one file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnil Mawle
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the Attached File in Email

Hi All, Is there a way on how to get the attached file in email using shell script? what i'm going to do? all i can see is to send and email but to get an attached file in email i don't find it. Please advise, Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
4 Replies
MEGATRON(1)						      General Commands Manual						       MEGATRON(1)

NAME
megatron, unhex, unbin, unsingle, hqx2bin, single2bin, macbinary - Macintosh file format transformer SYNOPSIS
megatron [ sourcefile... ] unbin [ sourcefile... ] unhex [ sourcefile... ] unsingle [ sourcefile... ] hqx2bin [ sourcefile... ] single2bin [ sourcefile... ] macbinary [ sourcefile... ] DESCRIPTION
megatron is used to transform files from BinHex, MacBinary, AppleSingle, or netatalk style AppleDouble formats into MacBinary or netatalk style AppleDouble formats. The netatalk style AppleDouble format is the file format used by afpd, the netatalk Apple Filing Protocol (AppleShare) server. BinHex, MacBinary, and AppleSingle are commonly used formats for transferring Macintosh files between machines via email or file transfer protocols. megatron uses its name to determine what type of tranformation is being asked of it. If megatron is called as unhex, unbin, or unsingle, it tries to convert file(s) from BinHex, MacBinary, or AppleSingle into AppleDouble format. BinHex is the format most often used to send Macintosh files by e-mail. Usually these files have an extension of ".hqx". MacBi- nary is the format most often used by terminal emulators "on the fly" when transferring Macintosh files in binary mode. MacBinary files often have an extension of ".bin". Some Macintosh LAN-based email packages use uuencoded AppleSingle format to "attach" or "enclose" files in email. AppleSingle files don't have a standard filename extension. If megatron is called as hqx2bin, single2bin, or macbinary, it will try to convert the file(s) from BinHex, AppleSingle, or AppleDouble into MacBinary. This last translation may be useful in moving Macintosh files from your afpd server to some other machine when you can't copy them from the server using a Macintosh for some reason. If megatron is called with any other name, it uses the default translation, namely unhex. If no source file is given, or if sourcefile is `-', and if the conversion is from a BinHex or MacBinary file, megatron will read from standard input. The filename used to store any output file is the filename that is encoded in the source file. MacBinary files are created with a ".bin" extension. In the case of conflicts, the old file is overwritten! SEE ALSO
afpd(8) netatalk 1.2 8 Jan 1992 MEGATRON(1)