Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Two condition in if statement Post 302851561 by Scrutinizer on Monday 9th of September 2013 09:12:21 AM
Old 09-09-2013
Try:
Code:
if [ $var -le 10 ] && [ $var -ne 0 ]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Condition If statement

Hi, I would like to create an IF statement where if a variable is equal to at least one of 2 (or more) values then the script proceeds. For example: TEST_VAR=2 if ; then echo success! else echo failure fi I understand that the above syntax is wrong but I feel it must be close. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition statement in perl

#!/usr/bin/perl $output1 = "/home/log.txt" $output2 = "/home/grep.txt" #Statement1 creates an output file called log.txt. #Statement2 greps a line from log.txt and store the result in grep.txt I want to create a condition where if the file grep.txt is empty repeat process. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with condition statement in shell script

Hello forum members. please go through the below mentioned issue and let me know the right solution. I have to write a script which runs another script .the executable script take input parmeters.so iam writing the the script below . Sample Code:Begins #! /bin/ksh echo " enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Difference between [condition] and [[condition]] and ((condition)) when used with if condition

Executed the following if conditions .. and got different results . only (( )) gave correct o/p with all scenarios . Can anybody please let me know what is the difference between and ] and ((condition)) when used with if condition. And why each condition gave different result. 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyabubun
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX Multiple condition in IF Statement - Pls help

Hi All, I am trying to put multiple conditions in an IF Statement (using $$). the Linux script somehow doesnt like it. The logic I am trying to implement is as follows, 1. I will first search for DateFile.txt 2. If it exists & there is a P_BUS_DATE value in it, then assign the date value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition and for loop within sed statement

Hi, I tried to go through a lot of online material but could not find concrete solution. My issues is like this : I've got a input file like this : <a> <startDate>19700101000000</startDate> <endDate>20300101000000</endDate> </a> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition return 0 even when it fails to satisfy te condition

HI My doubt may be basic one but I need to get it clarified.. When i use "if" condition that checks for many AND, OR logical conditions like if ]; then return 0 fi Even the if condition fails it returns as zero.. Any clue.. But if i add else condition like if ]; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with unmatched condition

Hi Gurus, I'm facing some issues with multiple conditions in my if statement. if (!($InputLine=~/^Date/)) && (!($fields eq "VEN")) { Above is the line troughing some syntax errors. I am trying to avoid the below creteria lines to process in my logic. Records starting with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)