Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed - searching token in certain order Post 302851377 by jcdole on Sunday 8th of September 2013 12:25:02 PM
Old 09-08-2013
sed - searching token in certain order

Hello.
I would like to write a bash function which would return "true" if the search succeed else return anything else.

something like

Code:
if [[ "$(my_funct  a_file_name  a_token1  a_token2  a_token3 a_token4)" != "true" ]] ; then

exit 1

fi

function my_funct () {

find first occurrence $2 in $1
    if not found return "false"
    from that position, find first occurrence $3 in any following line
           but before founding $5
    from that position, find first occurrence $4 in the same line
    return "true"

}

$1 : The file, where to search in, is a text file.

$2 : must start at the beginning of a line and can contains / or ' like :
Code:
 ### /a/path/name ###
    or
menuentry  'software version.number'

$3 : must begin at the beginning of a line, or begin with a tab, or begin with a space like :
Code:
-->a_string
 --> a_string
-->
a_string

$4 : is any single word or init 3

$5 : is a single character but could be }

Last edited by Don Cragun; 09-08-2013 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: Change Bold text to ICODE tags; add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed and regex to reverse order???

so i have been trying to learn how to manipulate text on my own and have gotten stumped... let's say i have a text file that says (highly simplified): people ordinary How would swap the order of the words.. I know i need to use sed and some kind of back reference but cannot make it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urtherhoda
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the order using sed

I have a text "abc def ghi" and I want to get it as "def abc ghi" I am using this echo "abc def ghi" | sed 's/\(*\)\(*\)/\2\1/' But I am not able to get the output, could anyone help me. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed searching across lines

hi, i'm making now a bash script, that runs some compiler... i want to take only errors form its output eg: output: bla bla bla ... erros is 1324546 the bla bla bla bla bla bla... ... and i want to get only erros is 1324546 the bla bla bla (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: miechu
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing file order using SED

Im trying to develop a shell script that will change the content order of the file. For example I have a file that says a b c d I want to change this to be d c b a Im trying to use sed to this by reading the file and then inserting each line at the top #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to order a file

Hi - I have a file with lots of lines in that I need to order based on the number of commas! e.g the file looks something like :- cn=john,cn=users,cn=uk,dc=dot,dc=com cn=john,cn=users,dc=com cn=users,cn=groups,dc=com cn=john,cn=admins,cn=users,cn=uk,dc=dot,dc=com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - Pattern Searching

Hi, Please take a look at the below eg. I would like to search for abc() pattern first and then search for (xyz) in the next line. If I can find the pattern, then I should delete the 3 lines. I can only find the pattern and delete but I am unable to find two patterns and delete. Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedevi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for multiple words on a line in any order issue

Hi again I have figured out how to be able to sort through lines in a file with multiple words in any order and display them using this command: cat file | grep -i $OPTION1 | grep -i $OPTION2 | grep -i $OPTION3 OPTION1 is 2008, OPTION2 is Mar, OPTION 3 is Tue Result: Tue Mar 25... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaj
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Removing all characters from token to end of line

Hello. The token is any printable characters between 2 " . The token is unknown, but we know that it is between 2 " Tok 1 : "1234x567" Tok 2 : "A3b6+None" Tok 3 : "A3b6!1234=@" The ligne is : Line 1 : "9876xABCDE"Do you have any code fragments or data samples in your post Line 2 : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed string with any order

Hi, i have a strange prob. log file contains ip, protocol, user name, agent . these can be in any order. If log contains the above order able to fetch all details but if details are in diff order not able to fetch all details. using below command. grep -A50 "Entry " "/logs/file.log" \ |grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a token in a file

Hi All, I am new to scripting. I have a requirement where I need to search for token present in array in a file. If the token is found I need to take the first column of that line from the file and append it to token and direct it to a new file. e.g. token file token.txt contains abc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok2082
2 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath - A Visitor for finding an element in a Tree::Simple hierarchy with a path SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath; # create a visitor object my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath->new(); # set the search path for our tree $visitor->setSearchPath(qw(1 1.2 1.2.2)); # pass the visitor to a tree $tree->accept($visitor); # fetch the result, which will # be the Tree::Simple object that # we have found, or undefined my $result = $visitor->getResult() || die "No Tree found"; # our result's node value should match # the last element in our path print $result->getNodeValue(); # this should print 1.2.2 DESCRIPTION
Given a path and Tree::Simple hierarchy, this Visitor will attempt to find the node specified by the path. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setSearchPath" and "setNodeFilter" methods to customize its behavior. includeTrunk ($boolean) Based upon the value of $boolean, this will tell the visitor to include the trunk of the tree in the search as well. setSearchPath (@path) This is the path we will attempt to follow down the tree. We will do a stringified comparison of each element of the path and the current tree's node (or the value returned by the node filter if it is set). setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to filter the tree nodes as they are collected. This can be used to customize output, or to gather specific information from a more complex tree node. The filter function should accept a single argument, which is the current Tree::Simple object. visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. getResult This method will return the tree found at the specified path (set by the "setSearchPath" method) or "undef" if no tree is found. getResults This method will return the tree's that make up the path specified in "setSearchPath". In the case of a failed search, this can be used to find the elements which did successfully match along the way. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. AUTHOR
stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-10-24 Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath(3pm)