Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print only processes running for more than 24 hours Post 302850991 by Jotne on Friday 6th of September 2013 07:43:54 AM
Old 09-06-2013
@anil510
Post the output of ps -eo pid,pcpu,pmem,user,args,etime,cmd --sort=start_time
This way we need not guess what you see.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you print the number of processes that each user is currently running in Unix?

Ok, so I know there's a way to do this, but I've been trying to find out all afternoon with no luck. I think it should print out something like this: 1 bin 2 daemon 6 duo Where the numbers on the left are the number of processes being run by the user whose name is listed on the right. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture running process for 2 hours with an interval of 10 sec

Hi, Can any one help me on this. How to capture the running process for two hours with an interval of 10 sec. Thanks in andvance Double post, continued here, thread closed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathkumar
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture running process or 2 hours with an interval of 10 sec

Hi, Can any one help me on this. How to capture the running process for two hours with an interval of 10 sec. Thanks in andvance (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture the running process for 2 hours

Hi, How can i capture the running process for 2 hours. Thanks in advance.:b: (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of Running Jobs In Last 4 Hours

Hi Experts, Please help me in this. I am trying this code on AIX 5.3. I need list of jobs that executed in last 4 hours. I have a schedule on this script - cron executes it and sends mail to me for every 2 hours. I have a Job time and have around 100 jobs those execute daily. What all i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajubollas
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the no of processes that ran 2 hours before or earlier

Is there a way to find out the total no of processes that were running ? - 2 or 3 hours before - list those no of processes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

At command not running out of hours

Hi All, new to the forum and new to Unix but I have an issue which is annoying on a new level. I have included a short and full version for anyone needing more information. Short Version I am running a set of scripts that work and run fine. one of the scripts arranges the first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Delboy4000
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone help me to print UNIX epoch time to days,hours,min,sec ?

I have unix epoch time 1441678454803, Can you please help me to print this time in below format ? DAY,HOUR,MIN,SEC Appreciate your help!!! Thanks, Prince (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to display processes which have been running for more than a X hours?

Hi, Is it possible to display processes which have been running for more than a 5hrs using a variation of the ps -ef command? Regards, Manny (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantas44
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check the processes running longer than 2 hours.?

HI can someone help me to check the process running more than 2 hours. I have the below command which shows the time and process id, however, I only need the processes running more than 2 hours. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinod
8 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)