Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cut a file with tags
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut a file with tags Post 302850959 by Castelior on Friday 6th of September 2013 06:21:26 AM
Old 09-06-2013
Thanks pamu!!!
That works very well!

jim mcnamara, I didn't try but thank you!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

points being cut because of code tags

Hi My points are being cut because i have not been using code tags. for the 2nd warning whoever gave me i have started using code tags.how do i paste in my defense i can send u the original script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arch12
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating file from an existing file using CUT, is it the best option?

Dear All, I have a requirement in which i have to load a file placed in FTP location onto my database. The process i'll follow is as below: 1) Get the files using FTP. 2) Create the desired load files as i have to load only 19 fields out of the 104 available in the file. The fields i require... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishekakaomi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut lines from log file and save it another file

Dears, i want cut the lines from a log file. Example of the log file as follows.. May 27, 2011 5:54:51 PM com.huawei.ivas.utilities.sm.client.SMDeliverContrUtil isDeliverSM FINE: May 27, 2011 5:54:51 PM com.huawei.ivas.utilities.sm.client.SMUtil addSysUpMsgLog INFO: . The message content... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonypalokkaran
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the variable from the line and use it to find the file and read the content of that file

Hi, I am working on one script..I am having files in the below format file 1 (each line is separated with : delimeter) SPLASH:SPLASH:SVN CIB/MCH:MCH:SVN Now I want from file 1 that most left part of the first line will store in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required the cut the whole contents from one file and paste it into new file

Hi, First of all sincere apologies if I have posted in a wrong section ! Please correct me if I am wrong ! I am very new to UNIX scripting. Currently my problem is that I have a code file at the location /home/usr/workarea/GeneratedLogs.log :- Code :- (Feb 7, 571 7:07:29 AM),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut a pipe delimited file and paste it with another file to form a comma separated outputfile

Hello ppl I have a requirement to split (cut in unix) a file (A.txt) which is a pipe delimited file into A1.txt and A2.txt Now I have to join (paste in unix) this A2.txt with external file A3.txt to form output file A4.txt which should be CSV (comma separated file) so that third party can... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies
less(3perl)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       less(3perl)

NAME
less - perl pragma to request less of something SYNOPSIS
use less 'CPU'; DESCRIPTION
This is a user-pragma. If you're very lucky some code you're using will know that you asked for less CPU usage or ram or fat or... we just can't know. Consult your documentation on everything you're currently using. For general suggestions, try requesting "CPU" or "memory". use less 'memory'; use less 'CPU'; use less 'fat'; If you ask for nothing in particular, you'll be asking for "less 'please'". use less 'please'; FOR MODULE AUTHORS
less has been in the core as a "joke" module for ages now and it hasn't had any real way to communicating any information to anything. Thanks to Nicholas Clark we have user pragmas (see perlpragma) and now "less" can do something. You can probably expect your users to be able to guess that they can request less CPU or memory or just "less" overall. If the user didn't specify anything, it's interpreted as having used the "please" tag. It's up to you to make this useful. # equivalent use less; use less 'please'; "BOOLEAN = less->of( FEATURE )" The class method "less->of( NAME )" returns a boolean to tell you whether your user requested less of something. if ( less->of( 'CPU' ) ) { ... } elsif ( less->of( 'memory' ) ) { } "FEATURES = less->of()" If you don't ask for any feature, you get the list of features that the user requested you to be nice to. This has the nice side effect that if you don't respect anything in particular then you can just ask for it and use it like a boolean. if ( less->of ) { ... } else { ... } CAVEATS
This probably does nothing. This works only on 5.10+ At least it's backwards compatible in not doing much. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-30 less(3perl)