Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with bash script problem Post 302850879 by fpmurphy on Thursday 5th of September 2013 11:05:24 PM
Old 09-06-2013
Try something like the following:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

if [[ $1 =~ "+"  &&  $2 =~ "+" ]]
then
     echo "Match"
else
     echo "No Match"
fi

This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script problem

hi I am writing a bash script that uses dialog to get user input an diplay messages to user. I have a small problem dialog --inputbox "blabla" 20 50 2> /tmp/output VAR="'cat /tmp/output'" mkdir $VAR the code below requests user for a directory path to be created. But, if the user uses... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script argument problem

I'm having problems with bash scripts. If a bash script is called with no arguments, I always get "PHIST=!" as the first argument (i.e. this is what $1 equals). Why? Where does this come from, and how can I fix it? Nothing in the bash man pages refer to this mysterious default argument. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sszd
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in bash script

I have written a script and I get error and I don't understand why. neededParameters=2 numOfParameters=0 correctNum=0 while getopts "s:l:" opt do case "$opt" in s) serviceName= $OPTARG #errorline 1 numOfParameters= $numOfParameters + 1 ;; l) ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bash script problem

#!/bin/bash cd /media/disk-2 Running ./run.sh it's not changing directory.Why? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem using variables in bash script

I am using variable to give the location of the file I am using but I get error. Here is the code: LogFile=/tmp/log.email echo -e "could not close the service - error number $error \n" > $LogFile well this is not all the code but is enough because the problem start when I try to use the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with a bash script problem

hi to everyone :) i am new to linux and bash and i am trying to build a bash script, that is quite similar to the well known cmd 'split' ... ;) it is now already "working" ... i can use it like: ./splitfix.sh -v -s 10 foo ./splitfix.sh -s 10 -v foo ./splitfix.sh -s 10 foo ./splitfix.sh -v... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drjodo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using grep in bash script

When it comes to programing and UNIX, I know just enough to be really really dangerous. I have written a python script to parse through a file that contains ~1 million lines. Depending on whether a certain string is matched, the line is copied into a particular file. For the sake of brevity,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: errcricket
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Bash Script.

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and to the Bash coding scene. I have the following code paths=/test/a paths=/test/b keywords=\"*car*\" keywords=\"*food*\" for file in `find paths -type f -ctime -1 -name keywords -print 2>/dev/null` do #.... do stuff here for every $file found... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/awk script problem

Hi, I have 100 files containing different values in single column, I want to split those files in two separate files (file2 and file3) based on average value of first column of each file, for those files I am working on the following script #bin/bash for memb in $(seq 1 100) do awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsp80
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Array problem in Bash Script

I am trying to write a Bash Script using a couple of arrays. I need to perform a countdown of sorts on an array done once daily, but each day would start with the numbers from the previous day. This is what I'm starting with : #!/bin/bash days=(9 8 7 6 5) for (( i = 0 ; i < ${#days} ; i++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
4 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux