Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ssh Connection refused port 22 Post 302850765 by DustinT on Thursday 5th of September 2013 02:27:13 PM
Old 09-05-2013
Run svcs -xv to get the log file location for the service that's failing. Review the logs and troubleshoot the error. You may also try svcadm -clear <svcname> to clear the error status before you refresh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

telnet connection refused

I installed Openserver 5.0.7 and I cannot telnet to the localhost and I can't telnet from my old SCO 3.2.42 to the new SCO machine but I can ping the new machine and it will telnet to the old machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: printrick
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Connection refused

Hi there, Anything will help. I have running server on computer and want to connect from some clients. Server: memset(&hints, 0, sizeof(hints)); hints.ai_family = domain; hints.ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM; error = getaddrinfo("localhost", "8300", &hints, &res0); if (error) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dudu1984
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

ssh connection refused post yum interrupted update

an update of RHEL 5.1 via yum was interrupted after installing the following packages. Running Transaction Updating : libgcc ##################### Updating : setup ##################### Updating : filesystem ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: egrotjahn
4 Replies

4. Programming

echo: Connection refused

OS : Solaris sparc In c program After socket created when I do Connect() it results "Connection refused", but the system is online and I am able to do telnet, ping everything, but it says connection refused. What would need to correct ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

PSQLException: Connection refused

I dont' what happened with my servers (test servers only) but I just noticed that suddenly I cannot up the domain anymore (Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01). a. server.log org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh/sftp connection refused

Hi all, I logged on to a Unix server and am trying to connect a remote Windows server (Windows NT) via SSH/SFTP. However I always got the following error, sftp username@host_server (or ssh username@host_server) ssh: connect to host host_server port 22: Connection refused Any advise... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp connection refused

Hi- While trying ftp from AIX to Windows im getting below error. Can anyone share ur views on this topic. root@AB101# ftp -n 10.192.168.68 ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ftp> Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanis
3 Replies

9. Debian

ftp connection refused

I have two computers running Debian 6.0 and one running Solaris 2.6 on a private network. The Debian computers can ftp to the Solaris computer but if a Debian computer is the destination the ftp connection is refused. I assume this is some security feature of Debian. What can I do to allow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused

Hi I am trying to execute a shell script which is in unix server gs1. The script is below which basically connects to another unix server q15 and tries to get a file using FTP . But i get error as "ftp: connect: Connection refused Not connected. Not connected." Please help with if the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies
in.talkd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      in.talkd(1M)

NAME
in.talkd, talkd - server for talk program SYNOPSIS
in.talkd DESCRIPTION
talkd is a server used by the talk(1) program. It listens at the UDP port indicated in the ``talk'' service description; see services(4). The actual conversation takes place on a TCP connection that is established by negotiation between the two machines involved. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), talk(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The protocol is architecture dependent. The in.talkd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/talk Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 31 Jul 2004 in.talkd(1M)