Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rewrite proxypass
Operating Systems Linux Rewrite proxypass Post 302850673 by 3junior on Thursday 5th of September 2013 10:30:36 AM
Old 09-05-2013
Rewrite proxypass

Hi,

I have a Apache 2.0 web server. When a users comes in to sitea.com a check is applied if the path ends with *t*, the user hits a rewrite rule that adds an environment variable called x is hit with a proxypass. This has worked successfully in the past, but recently I added another rewrite rule that states if file is not found in document root then look at this path on the file system. If the file is in another path then the document root, the user is prompted with a 404 error. If I remove the proxy pass from the first rewrite rule that adds a variable then everything works fine. Does anyone know why this occurs? I know I can fix this issue by removing [P] from the rewrite rule, but what is explanation to this problem?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache Rewrite help!

I am trying to write RewriteRule on Apache_1.3.26 to get users web page from another server. for example if users tries to get web page on www.somedomain.com/~usersname it will get the web page from www.testdomain.com/~username without redirect and users will not be aware of any redirect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rewrite to use a while instead of find?

for FILE in `find /home/Upload/*` Need to use a while instead to prevent errors when the file is emptied (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep help, how do i rewrite this

Thanks , franklin you method worked, i knew i had to use a while loop and getline in there just didnt know the proper order :) Hi everyone, im trying to make the following command line shorter by introducing a script that join up all the grep commands ./new1a < numbers.txt | grep -i -v '^a '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: weezybaby
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rewrite date

I'm looking to have function that takes the present month and rewrites it into this form: _06_ (june), _09_ (september), and so on.. I would like this to be a my $this_month=code that rewrites date function because I would like to be a able to call it multiple times in the script by writing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marringi
5 Replies

5. Web Development

Need help with rewrite rule

Hi, I hosted my site on Apache web server. I wanted to redirect all the users request to a HTML page(maintenance page). I used the below rewrite rule to do ths same. RewriteEngine on RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html The maintenance.html page contains an image. When ever I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSrikanthB
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficient rewrite of code?

egrep -v "#" ${SERVERS} | while read shosts do grep -Pi "|" ${LOGFILE} | egrep "${snhosts}" | egrep "NOTIFICATION:" | awk -F";" '{print $3}' | sort -n | uniq | while read CEXIST do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail Rewrite Ruleset

Hi all, I like to write a rule which do the following: INPUT ADDRESS REWRITTEN TO ----------------------------- ----------------------------- foo.bar@sub.domain.com bar@domain.com foo@othersub.domain.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashily
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Rewrite wrong request

Hi everybody, In my web site I have several index pages in different languages in the following format http://www.mysite.com/lang_index.htmlTwo days ago I noticed increased, many times. Google bot activity on my site and when I checked my log file I found that all pages crawled were wrong... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
3 Replies
KinoSearch1::Search::Hits(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    KinoSearch1::Search::Hits(3pm)

NAME
KinoSearch1::Search::Hits - access search results SYNOPSIS
my $hits = $searcher->search( query => $query ); $hits->seek( 0, 10 ); while ( my $hashref = $hits->fetch_hit_hashref ) { print "<p>$hashref->{title} <em>$hashref->{score}</em></p> "; } DESCRIPTION
Hits objects are used to access the results of a search. By default, a hits object provides access to the top 100 matches; the seek() method provides finer-grained control. A classic application would be paging through hits. The first time, seek to a START of 0, and retrieve 10 documents. If the user wants to see more -- and there are more than 10 total hits -- seek to a START of 10, and retrieve 10 more documents. And so on. METHODS
seek $hits->seek( START, NUM_TO_RETRIEVE ); Position the Hits iterator at START, and capture NUM_TO_RETRIEVE docs. total_hits my $num_that_matched = $hits->total_hits; Return the total number of documents which matched the query used to produce the Hits object. (This number is unlikely to match NUM_TO_RETRIEVE.) fetch_hit while ( my $hit = $hits->fetch_hit ) { # ... } Return the next hit as a KinoSearch1::Search::Hit object. fetch_hit_hashref while ( my $hashref = $hits->fetch_hit_hashref ) { # ... } Return the next hit as a hashref, with the field names as keys and the field values as values. An entry for "score" will also be present, as will an entry for "excerpt" if create_excerpts() was called earlier. However, if the document contains stored fields named "score" or "excerpt", they will not be clobbered. create_excerpts my $highlighter = KinoSearch1::Highlight::Highlighter->new( excerpt_field => 'bodytext', ); $hits->create_excerpts( highlighter => $highlighter ); Use the supplied highlighter to generate excerpts. See KinoSearch1::Highlight::Highlighter. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2010 Marvin Humphrey LICENSE, DISCLAIMER, BUGS, etc. See KinoSearch1 version 1.00. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 KinoSearch1::Search::Hits(3pm)