Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ssh Connection refused port 22 Post 302850441 by Corona688 on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 06:10:42 PM
Old 09-04-2013
No amount of opening ports will allow you to connect if sshd isn't actually running on the sun system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

telnet connection refused

I installed Openserver 5.0.7 and I cannot telnet to the localhost and I can't telnet from my old SCO 3.2.42 to the new SCO machine but I can ping the new machine and it will telnet to the old machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: printrick
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Connection refused

Hi there, Anything will help. I have running server on computer and want to connect from some clients. Server: memset(&hints, 0, sizeof(hints)); hints.ai_family = domain; hints.ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM; error = getaddrinfo("localhost", "8300", &hints, &res0); if (error) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dudu1984
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

ssh connection refused post yum interrupted update

an update of RHEL 5.1 via yum was interrupted after installing the following packages. Running Transaction Updating : libgcc ##################### Updating : setup ##################### Updating : filesystem ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: egrotjahn
4 Replies

4. Programming

echo: Connection refused

OS : Solaris sparc In c program After socket created when I do Connect() it results "Connection refused", but the system is online and I am able to do telnet, ping everything, but it says connection refused. What would need to correct ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

PSQLException: Connection refused

I dont' what happened with my servers (test servers only) but I just noticed that suddenly I cannot up the domain anymore (Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01). a. server.log org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh/sftp connection refused

Hi all, I logged on to a Unix server and am trying to connect a remote Windows server (Windows NT) via SSH/SFTP. However I always got the following error, sftp username@host_server (or ssh username@host_server) ssh: connect to host host_server port 22: Connection refused Any advise... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp connection refused

Hi- While trying ftp from AIX to Windows im getting below error. Can anyone share ur views on this topic. root@AB101# ftp -n 10.192.168.68 ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ftp> Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanis
3 Replies

9. Debian

ftp connection refused

I have two computers running Debian 6.0 and one running Solaris 2.6 on a private network. The Debian computers can ftp to the Solaris computer but if a Debian computer is the destination the ftp connection is refused. I assume this is some security feature of Debian. What can I do to allow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused

Hi I am trying to execute a shell script which is in unix server gs1. The script is below which basically connects to another unix server q15 and tries to get a file using FTP . But i get error as "ftp: connect: Connection refused Not connected. Not connected." Please help with if the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies
sepolicy-network(8)													       sepolicy-network(8)

NAME
sepolicy-network - Examine the SELinux Policy and generate a network report SYNOPSIS
sepolicy network [-h] (-l | -a application [application ...] | -p PORT [PORT ...] | -t TYPE [TYPE ...] | -d DOMAIN [DOMAIN ...]) DESCRIPTION
Use sepolicy network to examine SELinux Policy and generate network reports. OPTIONS
-a, --application Generate a report listing the ports to which the specified init application is allowed to connect and or bind. -d, --domain Generate a report listing the ports to which the specified domain is allowed to connect and or bind. -l, --list List all Network Port Types defined in SELinux Policy -h, --help Display help message -t, --type Generate a report listing the port numbers associate with the specified SELinux port type. -p, --port Generate a report listing the SELinux port types associate with the specified port number. EXAMPLES
sepolicy network -p 22 22: tcp ssh_port_t 22 22: udp reserved_port_t 1-511 22: tcp reserved_port_t 1-511 sepolicy network -a /usr/sbin/sshd sshd_t: tcp name_connect 111 (portmap_port_t) 53 (dns_port_t) 88, 750, 4444 (kerberos_port_t) 9080 (ocsp_port_t) 9180, 9701, 9443-9447 (pki_ca_port_t) 32768-61000 (ephemeral_port_t) all ports < 1024 (reserved_port_type) all ports with out defined types (port_t) sshd_t: tcp name_bind 22 (ssh_port_t) 5900-5983, 5985-5999 (vnc_port_t) 6000-6020 (xserver_port_t) 32768-61000 (ephemeral_port_t) all ports > 500 and < 1024 (rpc_port_type) all ports with out defined types (port_t) sshd_t: udp name_bind 32768-61000 (ephemeral_port_t) all ports > 500 and < 1024 (rpc_port_type) all ports with out defined types (port_t) AUTHOR
This man page was written by Daniel Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com> SEE ALSO
sepolicy(8), selinux(8), semanage(8) 20121005 sepolicy-network(8)