Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ssh Connection refused port 22 Post 302850441 by Corona688 on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 06:10:42 PM
Old 09-04-2013
No amount of opening ports will allow you to connect if sshd isn't actually running on the sun system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

telnet connection refused

I installed Openserver 5.0.7 and I cannot telnet to the localhost and I can't telnet from my old SCO 3.2.42 to the new SCO machine but I can ping the new machine and it will telnet to the old machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: printrick
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Connection refused

Hi there, Anything will help. I have running server on computer and want to connect from some clients. Server: memset(&hints, 0, sizeof(hints)); hints.ai_family = domain; hints.ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM; error = getaddrinfo("localhost", "8300", &hints, &res0); if (error) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dudu1984
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

ssh connection refused post yum interrupted update

an update of RHEL 5.1 via yum was interrupted after installing the following packages. Running Transaction Updating : libgcc ##################### Updating : setup ##################### Updating : filesystem ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: egrotjahn
4 Replies

4. Programming

echo: Connection refused

OS : Solaris sparc In c program After socket created when I do Connect() it results "Connection refused", but the system is online and I am able to do telnet, ping everything, but it says connection refused. What would need to correct ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

PSQLException: Connection refused

I dont' what happened with my servers (test servers only) but I just noticed that suddenly I cannot up the domain anymore (Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01). a. server.log org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh/sftp connection refused

Hi all, I logged on to a Unix server and am trying to connect a remote Windows server (Windows NT) via SSH/SFTP. However I always got the following error, sftp username@host_server (or ssh username@host_server) ssh: connect to host host_server port 22: Connection refused Any advise... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp connection refused

Hi- While trying ftp from AIX to Windows im getting below error. Can anyone share ur views on this topic. root@AB101# ftp -n 10.192.168.68 ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ftp> Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanis
3 Replies

9. Debian

ftp connection refused

I have two computers running Debian 6.0 and one running Solaris 2.6 on a private network. The Debian computers can ftp to the Solaris computer but if a Debian computer is the destination the ftp connection is refused. I assume this is some security feature of Debian. What can I do to allow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused

Hi I am trying to execute a shell script which is in unix server gs1. The script is below which basically connects to another unix server q15 and tries to get a file using FTP . But i get error as "ftp: connect: Connection refused Not connected. Not connected." Please help with if the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies
proxycheck(1)						      General Commands Manual						     proxycheck(1)

NAME
proxycheck -- open proxy server checker SYNOPSYS
proxycheck options host[:proto_port_spec]... DESCRIPTION
proxycheck is a simple open proxy checking tool which is capable to quickly discovery open proxy servers on many hosts. It's primary goal is to detect an open proxy server in order to prevent it's abuse by various "bad guys", mostly spammers. Having a wide-open proxy service running on a publicaly accessible network is a very bad idea nowadays, and proxycheck may be used to find such system in order to be able to either secure a system, or to refuse servicing it until it will be secured properly. In order to determine if a given host is running an open proxy service, proxycheck tries to connect to a given destination system via a host and perform some actions, trying to talk with the destination system. If a talk is successeful, proxycheck assumes the proxy service is running and wide-open. proxycheck supports all commonly used proxy protocols, namely, HTTP CONNECT method, SOCKS versions 4 and 5, and Wingate "telnet"-style proxies. In future, support for more protocols may be added. Please note that with current number of various trojan horses cicrulating around, each opening a proxy on a random port, it is not really enouth to probe for standard (in whatever reason) ports built into the proxycheck. Instead, it is highly recommended to use a list of cur- rently active ports maintained by several people on the 'net. OPTIONS
The following command-line options are recognized: -h print a short help and exit. -v increase the verbosity level. All debugging messages will go to standard error stream. -d deshost:destport (required) try to establish a proxied connection to the given dsthost, port dstport. This option is required. -c check[:params] (required) the "method" proxycheck will use when talking to a destination system to determine if a proxy is open or not. Interpretation of params is check-dependant. This option is required. Several methods are available: chat:sendstr:expectstr Try to perform simple "chat" with the destination system: send the string given as sendstr and wait for expectstr on output. If sendstr is empty, proxycheck will send the proxy parameters in the form protocol:ip-address:portnumber to the remote system. Proxy assumed to be open if expectstr is found. dsbl (no parameters accepted) try to submit all found proxies to the DSBL.org-like system, see http://dsbl.org/ for more details. All the parameters required (username, password, recipient address, cookie server, ...) are expected to be found in environment variables. Run proxycheck with -h option to see a list of recognized variables and their default values. By default, proxycheck will anoni- mously submit all found proxies to unconfirmed.dsbl.org (which isn't very useful). For trusted DSBL user, at least DSBL_USER and DSBL_PASS variables should be set properly. -p proto_port_spec specifies protocol and ports to connect to. If not given, proxycheck will try it's built-in default list. This option may be spec- ified more than once. See below for proto_port_spec. If proto_port_spec is specified for a single host to check, it applies to that host only, and no protocols/ports in default list will be checked for that host. -D do not reset default port list when using -p option, but prepend new ports to it instead. -a use more "advanced" ports/protocols. The more -a's given, the more ports/protocols will be probed. For a complete list of all ports and protocols and their level, execute proxycheck with -h option. -t timeout a timeout, in secounds, for every operation. Default value is 30 secounds. The timer starts at the connection attempt to the proxy itself, after sending the "connect" command to the proxy and so on. -m maxconn Do not attempt to make more than maxconn parallel connections. By default, maximum number of parallel connections limited by the operating system and on most systems it is around 1000. -M maxhconn Do not make more than maxhconn parallel connections to the same host (default is unlimited). This may be useful for overloaded proxies which can't handle many parallel connections using different ports/protocols, but may significantly slow down the whole process. -s when an open proxy is found on a given IP, stop probing for other ports/protocols for this IP. Best used when many IPs are tested, and/or with -M option. This is because currently, proxycheck will not make any new connections to such host, but will wait for already active connections to complete. -b bindaddr use bindaddr as a source address for all outgoing connections. -n write a line about definitely closed proxies to stdout in additional to writing about open proxies, in a form 127.0.0.1 http:8080 closed -x print extended proxy information (proxy-agent and the like) if available. This will be on the same "open" (or "closed" with -n) line, last, enclosed in square brackets []. -i filename read list of hosts to check from a given file filename (in addition to command line), or from stdin if filename if `-'. Protocol and Port specification Proxy protocols and ports to try (proto_port_spec) specified using the following syntax: [proto:][port,port,port] like: hc:3128,8080 (http protocol on ports 3128 and 8080) hc: (default list of ports for http protocol) 3128 (try http protocol on standard http port 3128) 1234 (try all protocols on non-standard port 1234) Run proxycheck -h to see a list of supported protocols and default ports. USAGE
Simplest usage of proxycheck is to try to connect to e.g. your own mailserver with chat check method. First, connect to your mailserver on port 25 to see which line it outputs upon connection (SMTP greething line), and use it with chat: proxycheck -d yourmailserver.example.org:25 -c chat::greething ip.add.re.ss... proxycheck will write a single line for every proto:port it finds to be open on stdout, in the form: 127.0.0.3 hc:80 open where 127.0.0.3 is an IP address of a host being tested, hc is the protocol name (HTTP CONNECT, consult proxycheck -h for a full list of protocols) and 80 is a port number where the proxy service is running. In addition, if proxycheck is able to guess outgoing IP address of a proxy as seen by a destination system, and if that address is differ- ent from input proxycheck is connecting to, it will print this information too on the same line, like: 127.0.0.2 hc:80 open 127.0.0.3 where 127.0.0.3 is outgoing IP addres of a multihomed/cascaded proxy as reported by the destination system. This IP address is hint only, there is no simple and reliable way currently exists for proxycheck to determine that information. Proxycheck is able to parse a line sent by remote system in -c chat mode -- in this mode, proxycheck skips all printable characters after expstr it found and searches for opening `[', when tries to find closing ']' and interpret digits and dots in between as an IP address which gets printed like above. If your mailserver's initial reply contains remote system's IP, or if your mailserver replies with remote system's IP address to HELO/EHLO command, this feature may be useful (in the last case, HELO command should be specified in chat). When -n option is specified, for proto:ports which aren't running open proxy service, and for which proxycheck is able to strongly deter- mine this, a line in the following format will be written: 127.0.0.4 hc:80 closed Note however that in most cases there is no way to reliable determine whenever a given service is not open: for example, an open proxy server may be overloaded and refusing connections. In most cases, proxycheck assumes proxy is in unknown state, only a few codes are rec- ognized as real indication of "closed" state. When -x option is specified, there will be additional proxy info written on the same line (if available), like: 127.0.0.2 hc:80 open 127.0.0.3 [AnalogX 3.1415926] 127.0.0.3 hc:80 open [AnalogX 3.1415926] 127.0.0.4 hc:80 closed [AnalogX 3.1415926] One may see some detail of proxycheck's operations giving sufficient number of -v options in the command line. Verbosity level of 5 (-vvvvv) will show almost everything. All the debugging output will go to the standard error stream and thus will not affect normal opera- tions (when you process proxycheck's output using some script). EXIT CODE
proxycheck will exit with code 100 if at least one open proxy server was found. In case of incorrect usage, it will exit with code 1. If no open proxies where found, proxycheck will return 0. LICENSE
This program is free software. It may be used and distributed in the terms of General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later. AUTHOR
proxycheck written by Michael Tokarev <mjt@corpit.ru>. Latest version of this utlilty may be found at http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/proxy- check.html. proxycheck(1)