Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Webpage Display
Operating Systems Solaris Webpage Display Post 302850227 by Neo on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 09:48:26 AM
Old 09-04-2013
Here is an example creating an HTML page for the date using bash:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
DATE="$(date)"
OUTPUT=$OUTPUT"<html><head>\n"
OUTPUT=$OUTPUT"<title>Demo HTML for Date</title>\n"
OUTPUT=$OUTPUT"</head><body>\n"
OUTPUT=$OUTPUT"Today is $DATE <br>\n"
OUTPUT=$OUTPUT"</body></html>\n"
printf "$OUTPUT " > /tmp/date.html

You can use the ps and the grep command to see if a process is running...
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

webpage

Hi I was wondering how do I make my own webpage??? :rolleyes::confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babysoft19
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Where is the Default Webpage

I have SCO OpenServer 5 connected to the Internet and I would like to change the webpage that appears when I try from another computer the address: http://192.1xx.xx.xx. If I try this, a page about SCO appears, but I don't know where can I find it. Thanks:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SuPeRbYtE
1 Replies

3. Linux

use of FTP in webpage

Please help me to start with this trek... What are the steps for me to implement at FTP functionality on my web page... we have a linux box as our proxy server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiny
0 Replies

4. Programming

Webpage size with Java

Hi.. I need to know the size in bytes of a webpage!! For example I have this link The UNIX and Linux Forums - Learn UNIX and Linux from Experts and then... URL u = new URL("https://www.unix.com"); There is any Java Class that can help me?? P.s. sorry for my english... :D (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prompt
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access Webpage in UNIX

Dear All, I do not know anything from UNIX and its systems. I have a course on bioinformatics and they taught us a little about the UNIX. They also provided a userID and password for the web server which I can access using SSH. now, with A LOT OF EFFORT, I wrote a small index.html file, saved it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreamer0085
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with opening webpage with IP#

Hi, I would like to open a webpage from an IP# from a file. Lets say I findout an IP address from using grep grep John remotecomputers.txt result: 192.168.2.1 Then after that I would like to increment the IP# to 192.168.2.2 from 192.168.2.1 After that I woud like to launch mozilla or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Navigating a WebPage with Perl

Hi All Below is Code, It opens a link from which it ask a login name and password, the script enter the login name and password and navigate to next page.. In the next page there is a drop down box from which i have to select a value, I have written the code but it gives error #!/usr/bin/perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nagios chomping webpage

Hello Gurus Am facing situation to chomp webpage and get the values from in it and that value need to monitor by nagios . could you advise me how i can achieve this task . Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Salim_Linux
1 Replies

9. Web Development

Display received sms on webpage - php

Hello, Scenario: Send sms from putty and display it on webpage. I have rented an short message service from a company and set callback url to my vps. PHP is installed in my vps . my mobile phone is: ********85** receipent mobile phone is: 49********* callback url is redirected to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
0 Replies
PMDAAPACHE(1)						      General Commands Manual						     PMDAAPACHE(1)

NAME
pmdaapache - Apache2 web server performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/pmdaapache [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] [-S server] [-P port] [-L location] DESCRIPTION
pmdaapache is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics describing the state of an Apache web server. The apache PMDA exports metrics that measure the request rate, cumulative request sizes, uptime and various connection states for active clients. This information is obtained by performing a HTTP request to the server status URL, which must be enabled in the httpd.conf configuration file. ExtendedStatus on <Location /server-status> SetHandler server-status Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from localhost </Location> A brief description of the pmdaapache command line options follows: -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named apache.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdaapache is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd . If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -S Query the Apache status information from the named server rather than the local host. -P Query the Apache status information from the given port rather than the default (80). -L Specify an alternative location for finding the server-status page. -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the apache performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache # ./Remove pmdaapache is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdaapache $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/help default help text file for the apache metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/Install installation script for the pmdaapache agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/apache/Remove undo installation script for the pmdaapache agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/apache.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdaapache PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), httpd(8), pmcd(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDAAPACHE(1)