Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Trying to boot Solaris without hard drives in T5220 Post 302849931 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 3rd of September 2013 03:52:20 PM
Old 09-03-2013
Code:

boot cdrom

will take you to the Solaris install routine (which without a hard disk won't get you very far).

Code:
boot cdrom -s

will boot the system into 'single user' which will allow you to enter commands and interrogate the box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard drives

Will some one tell me what this means. "warning: ida 0 <slot 6> : command timed out on dev 1/42 blk 4824290 logical unit=0 blocks=5512102, size 2, cmd=0x20." I'm running SCO 505 on a proliant 1600r. Thnank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris 9 E250 -- Suggestions For External Hard Drives

Hello, Running a Sun Solaris 9 E250 and need advice or suggestions on what type of external hard disks are compatible and or available. It's an old machine and is due for replacement soon but in the short term need an external hard drive for backup etc as the partner/backup machine has just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help adding new hard drives

Folks; I just added 2 physical new hard drives to my SUSE server. My server is already running SUSE 10.3 version. Is there a command i can use to add the new space or even see if the system can sees them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Boot Solaris off of an old external hard drive

Hi Folks, First a little background, I am working on a ship that operates in the Indian Ocean and Persian/Arabian gulf area. We had a Sunblade 2000 that finally died. The Video board burned up and I guess damaged the mother board. So we ordered 2 rebuilt 2000s one as a spare. Due to mounting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean.kelly
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Adding new hard drives on Sun SPARC T5440 server with Solaris 10

I need to add two new hard drives of 300 GB capacity to a SunSPARC T5440 server. The server currently has two hard drives of 146 GB each. How do I add the new drives to the existing UFS? What are the procedures involved in setting this server with the new hard drives? I am very new to Solaris... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramatnmcc
6 Replies

6. Solaris

T5220 fails to boot

One of our T5220 servers fail to boot due to following error: ERROR: The following devices are disabled: XAUI1 XAUI0 I can't see any disabled components in SP console, any idea what is the problem? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: belalr
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Hard Drives and MBR

Hello everyone. I have a question which I may know the answer to, I'm just looking for a confirmation. When it comes to the MBR of a hard drive, i've read in multiple sources that it's always located in the first sector of the hard drive. Is the MBR there from the factory? When I buy a new blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Accessing Hard Drives

Hi, I have two SCSI Hard Drives in a Sun Solaris 8 server as shown below. I would like to access Disk1 and look at its contents, directory structure and files. How do I change my default directory from Disk 0 to Disk 1 and vice versa? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

9. Solaris

T5220 not able to boot from USB

Hi, I want to install Solaris-11 on T5220. I created USB from sol-11_4-text-sparc.usb by usbcopy on another Solaris-11 servers, which looks like a good one. I tried did "reset-all" and still same issue. Can I get some help on this. {0} ok reset-all Sun Netra T5220, No Keyboard Copyright... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

10. Solaris

I can't boot my Sun T5220 server from cdrom.

hi:) i can't boot my sun server by iso solaris 10 sparc dvd that i did download from oracle site. my hardware is sun T5220. i receive these after running boot cdrom -s : can't read disk lable can't open disk lable package ERROR: boot-read fail whould u help me? Please use CODE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arefdel
1 Replies
prtdiag(1M)                                                                                                                            prtdiag(1M)

NAME
prtdiag - display system diagnostic information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtdiag [-v] [-l] prtdiag displays system configuration and diagnostic information on sun4u and sun4v systems. The diagnostic information lists any failed field replaceable units (FRUs) in the system. The interface, output, and location in the directory hierarchy for prtdiag are uncommitted and subject to change in future releases. prtdiag does not display diagnostic information and environmental status when executed on the Sun Enterprise 10000 server. See the /var/opt/SUNWssp/adm/${SUNW_HOSTNAME}/messages file on the system service processor (SSP) to obtain such information for this server. The following options are supported: -l Log output. If failures or errors exist in the system, output this information to syslogd(1M) only. -v Verbose mode. Displays the time of the most recent AC Power failure, and the most recent hardware fatal error information, and (if applicable) environmental status. The hardware fatal error information is useful to repair and manufacturing for detailed diagnos- tics of FRUs. The following exit values are returned: 0 No failures or errors are detected in the system. 1 Failures or errors are detected in the system. 2 An internal prtdiag error occurred, for example, out of memory. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkvm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ *The output is unstable. modinfo(1M), prtconf(1M), psrinfo(1M), sysdef(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), openprom(7D) NOTES
Not all diagnostic and system information is available on every Solaris platforn, and therefore cannot be displayed by prtdiag. On those platforms, further information can be obtained from the System Controller. 29 Aug 2005 prtdiag(1M)