Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Creating a bash based restricted shell Post 302849829 by alister on Tuesday 3rd of September 2013 12:14:26 PM
Old 09-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by noamr
unfortunately, although the readline library would probably work, it's license mandates that any software using it will be free. and the product i'm developing isn't, so i probably can't use it.

any other suggestions?
If readline would work, but its license is a dealbreaker, have a look at the editline library (BSD license).

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating email based on an output

Hello folks. I need to create a script that looks at a certain output (list of full paths of files) and gets the owner's name (2nd position in the path, for example: /dirA/jsmith/blah1/more_blah/still_blah... etc) Gets the jsmith and greps the related file for jsmith and send that output to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saswerks
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell: creating different arrays based on function argument

hi, I was wondering if there was a good way to create an array within a function, where the name is based on a passed argument? I tried this: _____________________________ func(){ #take in 1st arg as the arrayname arrayName=$1 let i=0 while read line do arrayName=${line} let i+=1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nix21
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating USERs with restricted Access

Hi There, i need to creat USERS in UNIX with restricted access to different directories. for example user1 should have access to dir1 and dir2 user2 should have access to dir2 and dir3 Please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanan25
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell: Creating Preferences

In OS X I'm currently writing a bash script that requires writing to preference file. I may eventually want to share it with users on other Unix-like OSs and would like to accommodate for that possibility ahead of time. Most OS X applications save preferences in xml-format plist files. These... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: airsmurf
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a command on a BASH shell

Hi all. Suppose I have the following function in an executable file named "HOLA": ------------------------ function hola { echo "Hola ${@}."; } ------------------------ In addition, suppose that I want to execute the file so I can input my name next to ./HOLA. I mean,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hresquivelo
4 Replies

7. AIX

Restricted shell

Hello I have a user with a Restricted Shell on a Aix 5.3. My question is about if I can add one more path on the home directory. I mean the user have in his home directory. for example /test/my_application/logs but I need that this user can view another log that is on another path, if this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Restricted shell with execution permission on a file

Hi, I've created a user which shell is the restricted one (/usr/lib/rsh), but I've realized that the user cannot execute a script !!! The scope was to allow the ssh access to a user that could not access to any other directories but there that user should be able to run a script that retrieves ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary0
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating bash script to process a data file based on the menu

Hey, im fairly new to unix and Im trying to make this unix project that would display a menu and do the following. MENU =========================== (p, P) Print users info (a, A) Add new user (s, S) Search user (d, D) Delete user (x,X) Exit Enter your choice: Trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimaxtrd
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a text based game using shell script.

Hello guys I'm new to shell scripting and I need to make a game using shell script. I want to know if it is possible for me a total noob to shell scripting to make this game. The game concept is simple: First thing when you launch the script you get a menu in which you select if you want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Othmane
3 Replies
Software::License(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Software::License(3pm)

NAME
Software::License - packages that provide templated software licenses VERSION
version 0.103004 SYNOPSIS
my $license = Software::License::Discordian->new({ holder => 'Ricardo Signes', }); print $output_fh $license->fulltext; METHODS
new my $license = $subclass->new(\%arg); This method returns a new license object for the given license class. Valid arguments are: holder - the holder of the copyright; required year - the year of copyright; defaults to current year new_from_short_name my $license = Software::License -> new_from_short_name( { short_name => 'GPL-1', %arg } ); This constructor will return the correct subclass depending on "short_name" value. year holder These methods are attribute readers. name This method returns the name of the license, suitable for shoving in the middle of a sentence, generally with a leading capitalized "The." url This method returns the URL at which a canonical text of the license can be found, if one is available. If possible, this will point at plain text, but it may point to an HTML resource. notice This method returns a snippet of text, usually a few lines, indicating the copyright holder and year of copyright, as well as an indication of the license under which the software is distributed. license This method returns the full text of the license. fulltext This method returns the complete text of the license, preceded by the copyright notice. version This method returns the version of the license. If the license is not versioned, this method will return false. meta_name This method returns the string that should be used for this license in the CPAN META.yml file, according to the CPAN Meta spec v1, or undef if there is no known string to use. This method may also be invoked as "meta_yml_name" for legacy reasons. meta2_name This method returns the string that should be used for this license in the CPAN META.json or META.yml file, according to the CPAN Meta spec v2, or undef if there is no known string to use. If this method does not exist, and "meta_name" returns open_source, restricted, unrestricted, or unknown, that value will be used. summary This method returns a summary of the license. This summary must contains refer to a file containing the whole license. On Debian system, the file containing the whole license will be in "/usr/share/common-licenses/" directory. LOOKING UP LICENSE CLASSES
If you have an entry in a META.yml or META.json file, or similar metadata, and want to look up the Software::License class to use, there are useful tools in Software::LicenseUtils. TODO
o register licenses with aliases to allow $registry->get('gpl', 2); SEE ALSO
The specific license: o Software::License::AGPL_3 o Software::License::Apache_1_1 o Software::License::Apache_2_0 o Software::License::Artistic_1_0 o Software::License::Artistic_2_0 o Software::License::BSD o Software::License::CC0 o Software::License::FreeBSD o Software::License::GFDL_1_2 o Software::License::GPL_1 o Software::License::GPL_2 o Software::License::GPL_3 o Software::License::LGPL_2_1 o Software::License::LGPL_3_0 o Software::License::MIT o Software::License::Mozilla_1_0 o Software::License::Mozilla_1_1 o Software::License::None o Software::License::OpenSSL o Software::License::Perl_5 o Software::License::QPL_1_0 o Software::License::SSLeay o Software::License::Sun o Software::License::Zlib AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-23 Software::License(3pm)