Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron scripts security
Operating Systems AIX Cron scripts security Post 302849693 by omonoiatis9 on Tuesday 3rd of September 2013 02:36:45 AM
Old 09-03-2013
ok thank you very much for your help and tips

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron running shell scripts.

What are the rules of calling shell scripts in cron. How do I go about setting up the correct PATHS that calls a script, which then calls another sub script all of which has to retain the orginal PATHS and VARS that I've set up in first script Confused.. ok Well Cron calls a script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfoxwell
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in cron scripts

Hi, i have scheduled my scripts in cron, some time the script doesn't runs ..which will impact me a lot, can some one help me such that mail has to come stating script has run successfully/unsuccessful any help will be appreciated.. thanks in advance, geeko (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeko
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running 2 scripts one after the other using cron

I would like to run two scripts using cron one immediately after the other. Is it enough to put them one after another in the cron file to run at the same time, or will this cause them to run concurrently? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3210
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron and multiple scripts problem.

Hello All, I have 3 scripts namingly 1X 2X and 3X. I have one directory ABC created which contains some 40 sub directories. I have one input file in the below format.The input file resides in ABC directory. Inputfile format; subdirectoryname date subdirectoryname1 date subdirectoryname2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with ftp scripts and cron

Need some help / advice with the follow script... Basically i have an FTP server that connects to other ftp servers and sends and downloads files every few hours or so. There are 12 different accounts that all have 2 scripts each, one to send and one to receive. Below is an example send script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Linux - scripts not working in cron

hi all, i have scripts executable in manully, but not working in cron. any ideas? thanks a lot? * * * * * /home/dir/dir/file.sh #! /bin/sh alarmPath="/home/dir/monitoringAlarm" alarmDateTime="$(date +%Y%m%d) $(date +%H%M%S)" tomcatPID=`pidof /usr/local/jdk1.6.0_13/bin/java` echo "tomcat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux - scripts not working in cron

hi all, i have scripts executable in manully, but not working in cron. any ideas? thanks a lot? * * * * * /home/dir/dir/file.sh #! /bin/sh alarmPath="/home/dir/monitoringAlarm" alarmDateTime="$(date +%Y%m%d) $(date +%H%M%S)" tomcatPID=`pidof /usr/local/jdk1.6.0_13/bin/java` echo "tomcat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
3 Replies

9. Solaris

running scripts from cron

I need to run a script (from cron) that runs a second script. What worries me is that second script, when run from bash, upon finishing doesn't return to bash unless I press the 'Enter' key. I presume that's because last command in that script ends with & Could that be a problem for cron?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get cron (scripts in crontab) started?

Hi, I have a query related to UNIX Crontab scripts - Issue: Server space on the db server got 100% full as a result of which the cron scripts did not run. The space utilization issue got resolved in the afternoon. The crons scheduled for a time post the resolution caught up. However the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
1 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD