Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem With UTF8 Byte Order Make Post 302849623 by mohs3n on Monday 2nd of September 2013 03:27:36 PM
Old 09-02-2013
Problem Solved .

This is how :
I just found out the files are BOM in both servers but the old server (CentOS 5) doesn't show it because of the old "file" rpm package that doesn't have "BOM" in it's magic file "/usr/local/share/file/magic" but in new server (CentOS 6) with new "file" package BOM is included and it could detect it!
The reason why i got question marks in the output was because of a php option called "zend.multibyte" which suppose to handle files with BOM but it want! so i recompiled php without this option and everything back to normal .
This User Gave Thanks to mohs3n For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Utf8-utf16

Hi All, When we create a flat file using a PLSQL program , the flat file is being created in UTF8 format.This file has lot of german characters.When we use this file to load data into MS SQL Server, the german characters are coming as junk. When we create a flat file in oracle it is being ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suppandi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with 0 byte and large files

how to remove all zero byte files in a particular directory and also files that are morew than 1GB. pLEASE let me know (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if 2 files are identical byte-to-byte?

In my server migration requirement, I need to compare if one file on old server is exactly the same as the corresponding file on the new server. For diff and comm, the inputs need to be sorted. But I do not want to disturb the content of the file and need to find byte-to-byte match. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a byte(Last byte from the last line)

Hi All Can anyone please suggest me how to remove the last byte from a falt file .This is from the last line's last BYTE. Please suggest me something. Thank's and regards Vinay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
1 Replies

5. Programming

Byte order question

Hi, The structure that will follow is supposed to hold the following RTP header field 0 1 2 3 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UTF8 encoding

Hi experts, I have a gz file from other system(solaris), which is ftped to our system(solaris). After gunzip, the file is a xml file and we are using ORACLE built in xml transformiing tool ORAXSL to transform XML to TXT. Now the issue is we come accross issue regarding UTF8 as below:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to use sigmask in order to make signals can be processed by a thread

Hi, I have a UDP server and client program, and they must run within a program, so I decided two threads, one for UDP server and another for UDP client. The simple architecture is shown in attachment. However, I can't send the packets out on the UDP client, no any time message and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout and stderr to file wrong order problem with subshell

Hello I read a lot of post related to this topic, but nothing helped me. :mad: I'm running a ksh script with subshell what processing some ldap command. I need to check output for possible errors. #!/bin/ksh ... readinput < $QCHAT_INPUT |& while read -p line do echo $line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Osim
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort data based on descending order problem

Input file 9.99331e-13 8.98451e-65 9.98418e-34 7.98319e-08 365592 111669 74942.9 0 Desired output 365592 111669 74942.9 7.98319e-08 1.99331e-13 6.98418e-34 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

10. Debian

Locales UTF8 - not working

Hello, I'm facing a strange problem in one of my Debian server, what is happening right now it that I have runned dpkg-reconfigure locales to set en_US UTF-8 so in that way I could use accentuation in my system. # locale -a C en_US.utf8 POSIX pt_BR.utf8 However, when I create a new... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxb368@motorola
12 Replies
fileutil::magic::cgen(n)					  file utilities					  fileutil::magic::cgen(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
fileutil::magic::cgen - Generator core for compiler of magic(5) files SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require fileutil::magic::cgen ?1.0? package require fileutil::magic::rt ?1.0? package require struct::tree package require struct::list ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides the generator backend for a compiler of magic(5) files into recognizers based on the fileutil::magic::rt recognizer runtime package. For the compiler frontend using this generator see the package fileutil::magic::cfront. COMMANDS
::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script This command converts the recognizer specified by the script into a tree and returns the object command of that tree as its result. It uses the package struct::tree for the tree. The script is in the format specified by magic(5). ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a string encoding the tree for human consump- tion, to aid in debugging. ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a Tcl script, the recognizer for the file types represented by the sub-tree rooted at the node. The generated script makes extensive use of the commands provided by the recognizer runtime package fileutil::magic::rt to perform its duties. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category fileutil :: magic of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
file(1), fileutil, magic(5) KEYWORDS
file recognition, file type, file utilities, mime, type CATEGORY
Programming tools fumagic 1.0 fileutil::magic::cgen(n)