Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Zsh builtin "kill" stopped working Post 302849567 by nickednamed on Monday 2nd of September 2013 08:04:01 AM
Old 09-02-2013
Zsh builtin "kill" stopped working

Hi all,

I've been using zsh for a while, and was enjoying the builtin "kill" with tab completion. But since I installed "oh-my-zsh" the kill completion has stopped working. I have not edited my new ~/.zshrc file.

My ~/.oh-my-zsh/lib/completions.zsh contains the following:
Code:
zstyle ':completion:*:*:kill:*:processes' list-colors '=(#b) #([0-9]#) ([0-9a-z-]#)*=01;34=0=01'

But it is the only reference to kill that I can find in my config files. My other completions are working fine. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I get i working again?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why the nohup-ed background process always is "stopped" ?

I let a script A call script B. I used nohup a.sh &>/tmp/log & In script A it calls B directly, without any redirecting or nohup or background. However A is always "Stopped", while B is running correctly. Anybody knows why? thanks! -----Post Update----- BTW, if I don't use nohup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meili100
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why the nohup-ed background process always is "stopped" ?

I let a script A call script B. I used nohup a.sh &>/tmp/log & In script A it calls B directly, without any redirecting or nohup or background. However A is always "Stopped", while B is running correctly. Anybody knows why? thanks! -----Post Update----- BTW, if I don't use nohup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between using "echo" builtin and /bin/echo

So in my shell i execute: { while true; do echo string; sleep 1; done } | read line This waits one second and returns. But { while true; do /bin/echo string; sleep 1; done } | read line continues to run, and doesn't stop until i kill it explicitly. I have tried this in bash as well as zsh,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulidtko
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

"if" and "then" statement is not working in RedHat

Dear experts, I'm trying to write a script to calculate the usage of Log Archive in a directory, so if it gets to a point where the directory size is 60%, then send out an FYI.. email. So if then it reaches to 80%, move the logs from that directory. I have written the script as follow but... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afi_Linux
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"╭─ " Character combo in $PATH causes strange autocompletion behavior in zsh

I've posted about this before, but only recently narrowed the problem down to a specific cause. Ok, first of all, the behavior: It occurs when autocompletion brings up its list (not when there is only a single option). Basically, if I were to type, say, cd ~/<TAB> I would get something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marshaul
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can "netif_queue_stopped" function check wether or not the net device queue is stopped?

Hi, all: In linux 3.0.4, can "netif_queue_stopped" function check wether or not the net device queue is stopped? How could I know wether a net device queue is stopped or not? li,kunlun (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I copy one shell "zsh" from one server to another.

Hi Guys, We are doing one production migration, we have copied "/etc/shells" file form old to new server. /etc/shells file contains below entries:- bash-3.2# more /etc/shells /bin/false /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/rksh /bin/rsh /sbin/sh /sbin/zsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
fizsh(1)							       fizsh								  fizsh(1)

NAME
fizsh - friendly interactive zshell. SYNOPSIS
fizsh [OPTIONS]... [ARGUMENTS]... DESCRIPTION
Fizsh is a front end to zsh. Fizsh provides zsh with interactive syntax-highlighting and a MATLAB-like history-search. Fizsh is intended to look and feel similar to fish. A distinguishing feature is that fizsh can handle Bourne compatible syntax. This is because fizsh is a front end to zsh. Fish uses its own syntax. CONFIGURATION
$HOME/.fizsh is the directory where fizsh keeps its configuration files. The file $HOME/.fizsh/.fizshrc serves as the user's local startup script. Local customizations, such as aliases and functions, can be added here. $HOME/.fizsh/.fizshrc allows the same syntax as $HOME/.zshrc under zsh. $HOME/.fizsh/.fizsh_history is default name of fizsh's history file. The other files in $HOME/.fizsh are installed by /usr/bin/fizsh. In order to reinstall these files use: /usr/bin/fizsh -r or /usr/bin/fizsh --reinstall. Compared to the default configuration of zsh, fizsh additionally sets the options "histignorealldups", "histignorespace", "histreduceblanks", "incappendhistory", "interactivecomments", "promptsubst", "correct" and "nobeep". For further configuration details consult zsh's man pages. INVOCATION
Fizsh is meant to be invoked without options and without command-line arguments. The only supported command-line options are "--version", "--help", "--login", "--reinstall", "-v", "-h", "-l" and "-r". "--version" or "-v" yields fizsh's version number. "--help" or "-h" causes fizsh to print brief usage information. "--login" or "-l" cause fizsh to be a login shell. "--reinstall" or "-r" will reinstall some of fizsh's configuration files (see above). If invoked with other command-line options and/or arguments fizsh will silently revert to zsh. BUGS
There are no known bugs at the moment. Bug reports, bug fixes and other comments are welcome. NOTES
MATLAB is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc. AUTHOR
Written by Guido van Steen, based on work by the "zsh-syntax-highlighting contributors" and the contributors to "zsh-history-substring- search". SEE ALSO
zsh(1) fish(1) Version 1.0.2 9 Aug 2011 fizsh(1)