Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to move latest zip file to another directory Post 302849359 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 1st of September 2013 04:00:54 AM
Old 09-01-2013
Note there are two distinct script. The first one uses positional parameters to expand *.dat , the second uses a for loop. You can chose either one.. (there was a small typo in the second one, I corrected it in the mean time)

You can try these commands on a command prompt... You can also test them by pasting them in a file and then make that file executable (chmod +x file ) . You can execute a script by using ./, followed by the name of the file./file. A .sh extension is not required..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping latest zip file by name.

I have these zip files that come in with the same name, but different versions. We'll say: SQL_version2.zip SQL_version3.zip SQL_version2432.zip I was wondering if there is a single command (or even piped command, thus still making it a single command) that will let me unzip the latest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that will move a file to a directory with the same name and then rename that file

Hello all. I am new to this forum (and somewhat new to UNIX / LINUX - I started using ubuntu 1 year ago).:b: I have the following problem that I have not been able to figure out how to take care of and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.:confused: I have all of my music stored in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with auto-detect new files/folders then zip and move script

Hello, I need a simple script to Auto-detect new files and folders in the directory. And then I need to zip the new files and bzip2 new folders and move them out of that folder where I am detecting changes to the other folder. Remember, I need simple one. If anyone could do it fast, I may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: juzt1s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip all files in a directory and move to another directory

Hi, need to zip all files in a directory and move to another directory after the zip.. i am using this one but didnt help me... zip -r my_proj_`date +%Y%m%d%H%MS`.zip /path/my_proj mv in_proj_`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.zip /path/source/ i am trying to zip all the files in my_proj... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create t a filelist with the latest file by YYYYMMDD and move to subfolder

Hi all, I am receiving files named like: ABC_20120730.csv ABC_20120801.csv ABC_20120812.csv They are residing in a folder named Incoming. I am supposed to write a script that will create a filelist which will contain only the name of the latest file beginning with ABC_, by YYYYMMDD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedrick
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to get the latest file from the file list and move

Hi, Anybody help me to write a Shell Script Get the latest file from the file list based on created and then move to the target directory. Tried with the following script: got error. A=$(ls -1dt $(find "cveit/local_ftp/reflash-parts" -type f -daystart -mtime -$dateoffset) | head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravan_an
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with korn shell script to get the latest file versions in a directory

I want to write a korn shell script to get the latest three versions for a file in the directory having lot of files with various versions (files with prefix as same but time stamp as suffix) and compress it and at the same time have to remove the remaining versions of the file (other than latest... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshbabu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move file in to directory- script

Hi In directory /mnt/upload I have about 100 000 files (*.png) that have been created during the last six months. Now I need to move them to right folders. eg: file created on 2014-10-10 move to directory /mnt/upload/20141010 file created on 2014-11-11 move to directory /mnt/upload/20141111... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: primo102
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)