Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO System Clock running at half speed Post 302849077 by jgt on Friday 30th of August 2013 08:47:37 PM
Old 08-30-2013
What did you do "repaired from console"?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dmidecode, RAM speed = "Current Speed: Unknown"

Hello, I have a Supermicro server with a P4SCI mother board running Debian Sarge 3.1. This is the "dmidecode" output related to RAM info: RAM speed information is incomplete.. "Current Speed: Unknown", is there anyway/soft to get the speed of installed RAM modules? thanks!! Regards :)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What swap is my system running on?

hi all, i need to know what swap my system is running on... Sun-Fire-880 is my system... physical memory= 16GB (8 CPU's) i know generally we keep swap 2 times of real memory... i want to know what is current swap my system is running? following is the o/p of swap -s: Wed Mar 29 16:08:08... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
4 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.3 12 Hour System Clock

Hello Everyone, I have a Domino application running on AIX 5.3 that does time conversions worldwide. It uses the operating system time as a reference for the conversion. My problem is that I need the AIX OS clock to be a 12 hour clock (AM/PM) rather than a 24 hour clock. I have tried the date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTwitchell
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sync Solaris System Clock With PDC Using Cron

Hi, I currently use the ntpdate and date command to sync the internal clock source of my Solaris systems to the primary domain controller. admin@myserver # ntpdate -d -u 192.168.???.??? 14 Jan 17:42:02 ntpdate: ntpdate 3-5.93e+sun 03/06/05 23:16:45 (1.4) transmit(192.168.???.???)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fsck in running system

Hi, I have the problem that in the fstab indicating that the check is made of a particular filesystem during the boot process, if for any reason I have deleted, if it is to check the filesystem on boot, Linux will not start and asks password to enter maintenance mode. What I want is to keep an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jailcreator
1 Replies

7. AIX

Connected and Running with half duplex speed

VIO Server connected to switch port and running with half duplex speed on one of the shared ethernet adapter. We have verified at switch end and everythings looks good. Other ethernet adapter in the VIO server are connected and running in Full duplex speed. Please help me find why this shared... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xt timer call, XtAppAddTimeout, hangs on system clock jump backwards

Hi, I've got an issue which I've been 'google-fu'ing without much luck. We have a legacy program which has been plagued by an issue for a long time and I've been tasked to investigate/fix. The program uses XMotif2.1 (required due to dependency on an old GUI designer) and runs on a RHEL7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: altrefrain
4 Replies
sysmsg(7D)							      Devices								sysmsg(7D)

NAME
sysmsg - system message routing to console devices SYNOPSIS
/dev/sysmsg DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/sysmsg routes output to a variable set of console devices. Writes to /dev/sysmsg are always directed to the system console /dev/console, and are in addition directed to a set of auxiliary console devices managed by consadm(1M). Only root has permission to write to this device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
consadm(1M), syslogd(1M) , attributes(5), console(7D) SunOS 5.10 13 Oct 1998 sysmsg(7D)