Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Generating file from sqlplus
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generating file from sqlplus Post 302848915 by vbe on Friday 30th of August 2013 10:43:43 AM
Old 08-30-2013
That is what I thought... but without seeing actual output it will be difficult to guess to correct size...
As I noticed linesize was not set...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripts - File generating

Forgive the daft requests - I'm still a learner :D I need a script so that I can test another script (I'm confused already) The script I am looking for should generate a new file in the same directory (called newfile1 or what ever) and also generate text within the new file (Hello world? What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh - finding pattern in file and generating a new file

I am trying to find for the pattern in first 5 bytes of every line in a text file and then generate a new file with the pattern found. Example: expected pattern is '-' to be serached in first 5 bytes of file only. Input File ab-cd jan-09 ddddd jan09 cc-ww jan09 dsgdq jan-09 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating different columns from same file

Hi, Our requirement is we have to create file from one file where all the rows from source file is converted into columns of the target file. For example Source file is : Status Report ABC Generated: 2009-05-05 08:49:47 Job start time=2009-05-05 08:43:43 Job end time=2009-05-05... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue in UNIX while generating .dat file from large text file

Hello Gurus, We are facing some performance issue in UNIX. If someone had faced such kind of issue in past please provide your suggestions on this . Problem Definition: /Few of load processes of our Finance Application are facing issue in UNIX when they uses a shell script having below... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRAMA
19 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

String search and generating file

Hi Gurus, I have a requirement as below I have text file a.txt which contains hi hello process update status Output for file Ok to Proceed no issues good data arrangement My requirement here is i need to read the file and check for the words "OK to Proceed" and if it is available... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating a Config File

HI, I want to append some configuration statements to the existing file in unix to it's 3 line , 7th line and 28 line. There is a file generated by our system job, to this I need to add some lines as mentioned below. DIR=/usr/CDR - line 3 Source=/usr/src - line 7 Target=/usr/tgt - line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mora
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating a CSV file from a text file

Hi Guys, I have a simple request. I have a file in w3c format. Each file has 2 header lines. Rest of the lines are 16 columns each. They are separated by Tab. I need to discard the first 2 lines and then write each column of the txt file into a seperate column of CSV. I tried the command below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tinkugadu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if a file is generating

Hi guys, I am pulling my hair out here. I have a file that comes in, once it finishes i want to move it to a new location. This sounds all very easy but my solution is failing and moves the file before it has finished generating. isrun=`ps -ef | grep -i filename | grep -v grep | wc -l` ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating xml file from UNIX

i have a unix script which generates the csv file. the data in csv file is dynamic. how can i convert/move the data from csv file to xml. please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana25
1 Replies
MYSQLI_REAL_QUERY(3)							 1						      MYSQLI_REAL_QUERY(3)

mysqli::real_query - Execute an SQL query

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqli::real_query (string $query) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool mysqli_real_query (mysqli $link, string $query) Executes a single query against the database whose result can then be retrieved or stored using the mysqli_store_result(3) or mysqli_use_result(3) functions. In order to determine if a given query should return a result set or not, see mysqli_field_count(3). PARAMETERS
o $ link -Procedural style only: A link identifier returned by mysqli_connect(3) or mysqli_init(3) o $query - The query, as a string. Data inside the query should be properly escaped. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. SEE ALSO
mysqli_query(3), mysqli_store_result(3), mysqli_use_result(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_REAL_QUERY(3)