Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Patch management (Solaris, AIX , Linux ) Post 302848879 by DustinT on Friday 30th of August 2013 09:33:11 AM
Old 08-30-2013
1) Any chance you have to expand your skill base and grow is a good thing.
2) That depends on your company's prospects for growth. But, if these new responsibilities don't get you on a path for greater things at your current company, there's plenty of companies hiring skilled *nix people.
This User Gave Thanks to DustinT For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux patch management tool

I have a suse linux 9(SLES 9) I have configured "YOU" (yast online update) and it all working fine, synchronising on a daily base with http://sdb.suse.de/download but I would like to know if they is a tools or scripts that inform you of any patches that has not been applied and notify you via... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Patch Management

Does anyone know who to centrally manage the distribution and application of patches to multiple Linux platforms ? Is there software for this ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
0 Replies

3. Linux

Apache in enterprise, patch management

I was wondering how everyone else manages patching/upgrades for apache. Latest doesnt mean greatest, we typically dont install the newest patches for our OS's. We typically run 3-6 months behind, to let fixes get fixed before installing them. Does anyone here have a written detailed plan... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Patch Management over mixed unix platforms

Does anyone know of any tools that manage the rollout of patches across multiple types of Unix platform ( eg Solaris, Aix etc ). I am looking for something that does a similiar job to SMS or WSUS in the Windows world (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Patch management dilemma

I've inherited about 10 RHEL 3 boxes that are located in Europe behind a corporate firewall with no access to rhn.redhat.com I've been tasked with patching all of these systems but I ask, Does redhat issue patch bundles? In AIX, there are maintenance levels and Sun has patch clusters available... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steelysteel
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Help needed regarding Solaris 10 patch Management

Hello Friends.. I have not tried anything related to Solaris patch and wish to learn more about it. I just wanted to try the patchadd and patchrm commands and how they work, just for educational purpose. I tried to download Solaris 10 patches, it asked me to register at sunsolve.com and i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multi-platform Centralized Patch Management

We have a mix of AIX, HP-UX, Linux (RHEL and SLES), and Solaris in our environment. Currently we have seperate patch management systems for each platform (NIM, SD, Spacewalk, etc), but have started looking for a centralized patch management solution that would work for most, if not all, of our... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Patch Management

HI all, As per the audit policy, patch has to be apply periodically, but in my scenerio, it has been applied lastly in the year 2010. Using HP UX 11.11, 11.21 and 11.31 I would like to know, how to identify the patches which are need to update, what will be the procedure to update, how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
5 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

ID Management Security guideline for Linux, AIX, SunOS and HP UX

I'm searching for COMPREHENSIVE ID management security guideline to manage user administration in my current job. I couldn't find it online or the books that could help. What I need to know: User security directories and how to use it. How user should be managed. How the standard user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
GIT-SHORTLOG(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SHORTLOG(1)

NAME
git-shortlog - Summarize 'git log' output SYNOPSIS
git log --pretty=short | git shortlog [-h] [-n] [-s] [-e] [-w] git shortlog [-n|--numbered] [-s|--summary] [-e|--email] [-w[<width>[,<indent1>[,<indent2>]]]] <commit>... DESCRIPTION
Summarizes git log output in a format suitable for inclusion in release announcements. Each commit will be grouped by author and the first line of the commit message will be shown. Additionally, "[PATCH]" will be stripped from the commit description. If no revisions are passed on the command line and either standard input is not a terminal or there is no current branch, git shortlog will output a summary of the log read from standard input, without reference to the current repository. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a short usage message and exit. -n, --numbered Sort output according to the number of commits per author instead of author alphabetic order. -s, --summary Suppress commit description and provide a commit count summary only. -e, --email Show the email address of each author. --format[=<format>] Instead of the commit subject, use some other information to describe each commit. <format> can be any string accepted by the --format option of git log, such as * [%h] %s. (See the "PRETTY FORMATS" section of git-log(1).) Each pretty-printed commit will be rewrapped before it is shown. -w[<width>[,<indent1>[,<indent2>]]] Linewrap the output by wrapping each line at width. The first line of each entry is indented by indent1 spaces, and the second and subsequent lines are indented by indent2 spaces. width, indent1, and indent2 default to 76, 6 and 9 respectively. MAPPING AUTHORS
The .mailmap feature is used to coalesce together commits by the same person in the shortlog, where their name and/or email address was spelled differently. If the file .mailmap exists at the toplevel of the repository, or at the location pointed to by the mailmap.file configuration option, it is used to map author and committer names and email addresses to canonical real names and email addresses. In the simple form, each line in the file consists of the canonical real name of an author, whitespace, and an email address used in the commit (enclosed by < and >) to map to the name. For example: Proper Name <commit@email.xx> The more complex forms are: <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace only the email part of a commit, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching the specified commit email address, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> Commit Name <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching both the specified commit name and email address. Example 1: Your history contains commits by two authors, Jane and Joe, whose names appear in the repository under several forms: Joe Developer <joe@example.com> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@laptop.(none)> Jane D. <jane@desktop.(none)> Now suppose that Joe wants his middle name initial used, and Jane prefers her family name fully spelled out. A proper .mailmap file would look like: Jane Doe <jane@desktop.(none)> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Note how there is no need for an entry for <jane@laptop[1].(none)>, because the real name of that author is already correct. Example 2: Your repository contains commits from the following authors: nick1 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <nick2@company.xx> santa <me@company.xx> claus <me@company.xx> CTO <cto@coompany.xx> Then you might want a .mailmap file that looks like: <cto@company.xx> <cto@coompany.xx> Some Dude <some@dude.xx> nick1 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> <nick2@company.xx> Santa Claus <santa.claus@northpole.xx> <me@company.xx> Use hash # for comments that are either on their own line, or after the email address. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. jane@laptop mailto:jane@laptop Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-SHORTLOG(1)