Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print particular word
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print particular word Post 302848821 by ksgnathan on Friday 30th of August 2013 06:58:27 AM
Old 08-30-2013
Thanks a lot Krish ..

Regards,
Siva

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print the word

1) I had one query regarding how to define a particular value which has a space. For example, I would say for i in s su sur do print $i sleep 1 done This will results in s su sur Now I want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_psm
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print word 1 in line 1 and word 2 in line 2 if it matches a pattern

i have a file in this pattern MATCH1 word1 IMAGE word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH1 word1 IMAGE word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1 word2 word3 word4 MATCH2 word1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangaram
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Need to Print a string from a word

Hi Folks Can you please help me to grep a word from below test file Below is the file looks like ABCD Test:3 ZZZZYYYZZ ABCD TEST:38 XXXYYYZZZ I need below output echo $A=21455 echo $B=3 and for second line echo $A=324494 echo $B=38 I will use While read line for each line.. i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Machha
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How ti Grep for a word and print the next word

Hi can we grep for a word and print the next word of the greped word? ex:- create or replace function function_name create function function_name we should search for word "function" and output next word "function_name" from both lines. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Search for a word and print the next word

Hi, I am trying to search for a word and print the next word. For example: My text is "<TRANSFORMATION TYPE ="Lookup Procedure">" I am searching for "TYPE" and trying to print ="Lookup Procedure" I have written a code like following: echo $line | nawk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a word after a match

Hi all, I have the below line: 08 03 * * 1-5 XXXXXXXXXXXXX -ENVI LDNFOUAT10 -EXE xxxxxxxx -CONFIG \${xxxxx} -SUBCLASS RESET -START -EXTRAAPPARGS \" -env 38LDNFOUAT10 \" >> /tmp/SRRC_xxxxxxx_start.log.`/usr/bin/date +\%Y\%m\%d` 2>&1 I want to print just one word after the string "-env", in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies
GREP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GREP(1)

NAME
grep - search a file for a pattern SYNOPSIS
grep [ option ... ] pattern [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Grep searches the input files (standard input default) for lines (with newlines excluded) that match the pattern, a regular expression as defined in regexp(6). Normally, each line matching the pattern is `selected', and each selected line is copied to the standard output. The options are -c Print only a count of matching lines. -h Do not print file name tags (headers) with output lines. -i Ignore alphabetic case distinctions. The implementation folds into lower case all letters in the pattern and input before interpre- tation. Matched lines are printed in their original form. -l (ell) Print the names of files with selected lines; don't print the lines. -L Print the names of files with no selected lines; the converse of -l. -n Mark each printed line with its line number counted in its file. -s Produce no output, but return status. -v Reverse: print lines that do not match the pattern. Output lines are tagged by file name when there is more than one input file. (To force this tagging, include /dev/null as a file name argument.) Care should be taken when using the shell metacharacters $*[^|()= and newline in pattern; it is safest to enclose the entire expression in single quotes '...'. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/grep.c SEE ALSO
ed(1), awk(1), sed(1), sam(1), regexp(6) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is null if any lines are selected, or non-null when no lines are selected or an error occurs. GREP(1)